Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished from 10 - 5 at Vermilion today. Tough, tough, day of fishing.

Started with smallmouth and really couldn't get them going. I caught 6, biggest just over 5, my buddy caught 0, and one sheephead, I've never caught a sheephead before so it was kind of neat to see one.

Went for perch and caught 6-8 little guys, that's it

Great marks suspened in 34-45 fow, tried drifting and casting for them, a few white perch and sheephead, nothing else.

Most of then guys on the radio today were crying the blues. Trollers caught a few based upon the radio reports.

Water has cleaned up pretty well in everything from 14 ft and deeper. Surface temp 62.7.

Ron I caught some "squirters today"

Tomorrow has to be a better day.

Kim

·
Registered
83 Posts
Lundy-

When you mention "squirters" :eek: (technically speaking), are talking about yellow perch or smallmouth? Perch seem to be just past the spawning peak, with smallmouth probably just starting in the early stages of spawning. Just wondered....

Reel Science

·
Premium Member
10,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Reel Science,

Smallmouth, 2 or the 6 yesterday, first ones of the year for me.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Kim,

I'm sorry to hear that your buddy struck out. Been there, done that. What did you get yours on?

I saw that bunch of marks out there last Tuesday, but I couldn't get any takers either. If those marks are Walleye, it's going to get real good there in the next couple of weeks.

Wes

·
ORIGINAL TEAM OGF
5,509 Posts
I say that we give him the "glove" for making false, inaccurate statements! :D

·
Registered
887 Posts
Hey Lundy,
We had several walleye come in to be cleaned 5-13-04,drifting off the mansion area and trollers 18'-30' off of Beaver (there seems to be a pod of walleye there)Please remember there are a lot of fellas out there unlike us,when they hook a fish,they will stay quite(no radio chat or stay negative),keep their net down(so it can't be seen by others). They don't want to get mobbed by other fishermen/ladies. This is understandable in a sense,they don't want the area spooked by other boats.
Now when it comes to us,I feel a man works hard for a living all week or there life,and if we can get them in the fish we do..I receive A LOT of info,via the secret squirrel method cause they (info givers)don't want to be made public.Charter capts',daily fishers etc. will bring fish in and tell where they fished and ask when I post not to mention their name.(they will get tared and feathered by others) Radio chat,is not reliable! The info that is reliable is fellas that appreciate the other fisherfolks,and are willing to help. I have posted many,many,many emails (on another site,prior to this ones existance) from guys that want to give info and don't want to be mentioned! Like fish,there are many different species of fishermen,it's what makes the world go round.
The areas posted increase the hardworking american's chances of having a great day of fishing,after they got out of doing work around the house with the wife.
When visiting the public ramp here in town,I'll ask around where,how they did,I get a ton of ass' that won't give me the time of day,when i'm chasing info down for my customers,yet they(THE TITE LIPPED) will stop at the shop to drop their fish to be cleaned,GO FIGURE!
TAKE CARE AND THANK YOU FOR THE BUSINESS,YOUR TIME FOR POSTING ON HERE,
MAY THE FISH BE WITH YOU,
Bait Dave
Vermilion

1 - 8 of 8 Posts