Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
11,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished Ruggles Reef with Lewis and we caught several smallmouth, five sheepshead, one nice walleye and gobies, all on Vib-E's. Lewis cleaned my clock on gobies, 7 to 2. :D Fishing was slow but steady until a major cold front and wind shift killed the bite. :( All in all, we had a great time sharing the day, as always. :)

Attachments

·
ORIGINAL TEAM OGF
5,506 Posts
I'll tell ya...Lake Erie never ceases to amaze me.
We are blessed to have such a fishery here.
These fish are easy access guys,and it doesnt take a large craft to get there.
You can be on fish within 2 minutes of leaving the dock.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Man I Gotta Tell Ya Guys...i Am Very Jealous Right Now...i Love To Catrch Smallmouth....i Never Get A Chance To Get Up There....sure Does Look Like You Had A Great Day....i Am Scared To Death To Go Out On That Lake Without Someone Who Knows What They Are Doing ....but Anyway Great Job On The Smallies Guys...looks Like Alot Of Fun....maybe I Can Get Enough Guts To Get Up There Some Day And Meet You Guys ....good Luck On The Next Venture Guys...take Care-----eye

·
Registered
11,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry, but the eye had taken the Vib-E real deep and was bleeding like crazy, all over the boat. :mad: I just put him in the livewell as quick as I could.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
leave it to shortdrift and now he uses vibees for gobies.don t tell wes and kim.you guys would probly have a gobie outing for three. cheeezzzzzzzz

·
Premium Member
10,880 Posts
Mr. Husky,

He doesn't have to tell me, I was there also with my son.

We caught 13 smallmouth and a couple of sheephead. My son caught a 6 even and a 5-14, he was one happy fisherman.

The fishing was slow compared to the same water temps last year, but the weather was funky. We put the camera down for a few minutes to confirm what my depthfinder was telling me, and there smallmouth are there in greater numbers than the catching showed.

The wind was crazy yesterday, we had, S, SW, W, NW, N, NE, and finally East winds when we left. When the cold front hit with the arrival of the N winds the smallmouth shut down.

We also perch fished some yesterday and caught bunches of yellows, whites and 4 walleye 5-8" long. We only keep 16 perch but they were very nice.

Our boat caught 0 gobies, we tried we just could't find them. I guess I'll just follow Ron to his gobie spot next time.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Shortdrift, Where do you put in at to go to Ruggles? I sure would like to catch a smallmouth. What is a Vib e and where could I buy some? Thanks for any help.

·
ORIGINAL TEAM OGF
5,506 Posts
You can put in at the Vermillion public ramp and head about 3-4 miles west to get to the area we were fishing,or you can launch at Cranberry Creek and just go about 1/2 mile or so east.
A Vibe-e is a blade bait similar to a Heddon Sonar.
They should be available at most Gander Mountain stores,although for the most complete selection see OGF's Jim Corey.His shop has the best selection available.
Make sure that a Vibe-e is not the only tool in your arsenal.
We also caught several fish on jigging spoons in various colors and sizes.
These fish wil take tubes,jigs etc.

·
Catch bait???
4,018 Posts
Sounds like a great day. I tried to talk my buddy into taking the boat up there but I couldn't convince him. Maybe next weekend...

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
man i have been trying to post pics like that for weeks.i dont know what i am doing wrong,i think it is how my cam is set up,maybe my resolution is set to high because my cam is 5 mp,and i know the more mp's you have the bigger the picture files are.i dont know for sure any help would be appreciated very much. :confused:

·
Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)
5,882 Posts
bassin420:

Your camera is capable of taking pictures well over a megabyte. A megabyte is a thousand kilobytes. A good size pic to upload onto a site is between 50 to 90 kilobytes.

Heres what you do.

1. Make a copy of the picture you want to show on the site. (You make a copy because you want to save the original pic. You are going to be drastically changing the picture.)

2. Open up the (copied) picture on your computer that you want to uplaod.

3. In the program on your computer that shows you the picture, there should be some way to edit the pics. I have Corel PhotoHouse.

4. Select "edit picture". You want to reduce your picture in two ways, file size (the number of kilobytes) and actual size. An actual size of 10" by 10" makes a real nice picture for computers. (no scrolling up and down or sideways...)

In my program you click the following buttons: "Prepare Image", "Transform Image", "Image Properties".

Then you can change the size of the picture and the file size.

Well i hope this gets you started, you'll need to explore whatever picture viewer you have and see what kind of changes you can make to your pictures, just remember to use a copy of your intended pic so you dont ruin the original, because there is a lot of trial and error involved at first.

Good luck and feel free to pm me more questions if i can answer them i will try.

At a last resort you can change the settings on the camera to take 'net-ready pics but this is a "least favorable" option.

PS Once you get the hang of it, its a breeze! Trust me, once you figure it out, you'll be posting pics like a pro. With a nice camera like that, it probably came with some decent software, just get in there and get dirty, its not as bad as it seems at first.

·
Banned
518 Posts
Hey Guys, If you don't mind me asking..... what size and color of vibee works best for Lake Erie Smallies?

·
MOD SQUAD
13,657 Posts
nice fish,guys :cool:
hope the weather turns and gives me another chance to get up there for another crack at 'em.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts