Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit it again today figuring the fish would be moving again after the cold shot. Wrong, wrong, wrong. Caught some sheepshead, white perch, gobies, one smallmouth and one walleye. Walleyeguy found a pod of feeding walleye in 15fow but true to form, some butthead ran right back up the drift and blew the fish out. I had to leave fairly early and can't help but feel Walleyeguy and Wormdunker69 are going to nail then tonight.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Rg and I slayed the smallies from 4 or so till dark. Got em driftin and draggin a tube and trollin. In fact I was gettin mad catchin em trollin cause we wanted some eyes for the freezer. Ended up with 4 nice eyes after dark.

·
Premium Member
2007 Stratos 486 FS
13,614 Posts
Awwww yeah. I'll be there next Fri/Sat...Can't wait :D

Any decent perch areas close by this time of year up there? Would love to do some perchin before we hit smallies if it's not rollin hard.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
yes, we put the hammer to them last night with 12 beauty's in the cooler.
And Tpet has a sharp eye. That is my lund in the background.
It was slow in the afternoon with finding them, then along comes a some boats, just blowing the pods apart right over the top of them.
Then right about dark the shoreline was nothing but boats out there.
It was crowded for a couple hours, someone comes on the radio and says there is a storm brewing in upper Mich. and to be carefull out there.
The magic Words, the boats thinned out in a matter oif a few minutes leaving us plenty of room to get blew around by the winds and 1 foot waves.
We watched the storms blow by, well out in the open waters of the lake at least 50 miles out untill around 11:00 or so. Put the last walleye in the cooler and took it on home. The lightning was getting a little closer but still well out in the open waters of the lake.
As for the no bass regulation on the lake, It is hard to tell that there is a population problem with them when you can't keep them off the hooks out there anywhere along the shoreline.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Owen - still need some help learning the eyes. Is it EVER going to quit raining????

Gotta get some fish for a landowner.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts