Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not much information to share.

I was only on the water for about an hour, I had motor issues.

The water was only slightly stained and 48 degs surface temp. The wind was howling from the SW.

Steelhauler was out a couple of hrs before me and caught some perch, I don't really know the details.

He came over to where I was and we drifted for some smallmouth in close out of the wind. He caught 7-8 in a short time primarily on Vib-e's. I caught one on a crank bait.

Wes fished more in the afternoon but I don't know the results.

If they can get my motor fixed I'll be fishing this area the next 3 days and should be able to provide better info on walleye and perch.

kim

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Kim,

Sorry you had motor problems. But let me tell you when I went back out of the marina, the wind was really howling. It all but blew me back to the river. I ended up with 15 Smallmouth for the day. The last 2 were back to back 6lb. fish. The best part is that it's still pre-spawn, so no fish were taken off of the beds. Most of the fish came on Vibees, but 3 came on minnows.

As for Perch, it was slow day. I fished 30 - 40 fow and could only manage 6 keeper Perch. The action was fast and furious between the little Perch, White Perch and Sheepshead.

All-in-all another good day on the lake.

Wes

·
geriatrics supporter
358 Posts
Lundy sorry to hear about your motor, hope it isn't anything major. I was looking foward to your report on vermilion eyes. Hope you can get out during the next couple days.

Steelhauler sounds like you had a great day on the smallies!

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Whos fishin friday night at Ruggles dragging them Jerks and Rouges?
I going to try to make it out.
They say winds taming and less then 2 foot waves in open waters.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts