Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Perch fished off Vermilion on Thursday 9/22 in 28' of water, picked up 35 yellow perch, two were + 13", most of the rest were 9" thru 11". Took the two of us (Powrguy & I) 8 hours of slow bite to get them, had to drop the weight to bottom and leave it there with nearly slack line and feel the slightest tap and set the hook. Used goldies and frozen shiners. Shiners took the two biggest fish.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Thanks for the info and report, hope it gets better with the cool down, can't wait to get back to it. Wind report isn't looking great for a few days.

·
Registered
73 Posts
4 guys fished Thursday evening by vermilion condos 3:45 pm to 7 pm. Slow light bite. 38 nice size yellow perch. 14 small non keeper walleye, 2 sheepshead, 2 white perch, 1 goby. Another Beautiful evening on the lake!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's amazing how many small walleye you catch perch fishing, perch are still bigger than the walleye. Thanks for all the updates Red and Nuttin!

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
On Thursday 9/22 two of us in 32 fow north of the break wall, moved 3 times, 1 perch. Moved to north of the castle in 29 fow and caught 5 move. Handed them off to a boat of Amish guys upon leaving. Fished from 1 to 4.

Spoke with John at Romps and said no one was catching any limits or close to limits.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Tried the same area Thursday for 30 minutes. Saw no fish being caught. Moved to a honey hole 4 miles out NE with no fish. Last move was 28' just west of condos. Caught 11 nice quality perch. Fished from 11:30 to 5:30 but all fish were caught between 3:30 and 4:30.

Anyone else notice there were 2 nets back in the area?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tried the same area Thursday for 30 minutes. Saw no fish being caught. Moved to a honey hole 4 miles out NE with no fish. Last move was 28' just west of condos. Caught 11 nice quality perch. Fished from 11:30 to 5:30 but all fish were caught between 3:30 and 4:30.

Anyone else notice there were 2 nets back in the area?
Didn't see the nets but glad you found some decent fish. I was wondering if I should go back when the weather calms down? What did you use for bait? Thanks all for the updates.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I used Golden's from Bob's . I will fish every chance I can get in October. Last year I limited every trip in front of Sherod Park. Don't have to travel far when the perch cooperate.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts