Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We fished for perch out of Vermiliion, off condos, Friday 9/16 for 6 hours and picked up 25 in a very slow bite.. Most fish 9" thru 11" and one jumbo 12". If you had the patience Powerguy and I could have had a limit, NE wind kicker in at noon and by 3 pm were in steady 2 to 3 foor seas. Used goldies mostly as the frozen shiners would not last on the hook after first tap.

·
Registered
473 Posts
We fished for perch out of Vermiliion, off condos, Friday 9/16 for 6 hours and picked up 25 in a very slow bite.. Most fish 9" thru 11" and one jumbo 12". If you had the patience Powerguy and I could have had a limit, NE wind kicker in at noon and by 3 pm were in steady 2 to 3 foor seas. Used goldies mostly as the frozen shiners would not last on the hook after first tap.
Yup; tedious lite bite, BUT, we got some fish. Nice being out with you, and I learned some things, too. Hope to get out again with you, too. Really nicely set up rig you have.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh yah, I forgot the fish were in 23' to 25' of water on a depth break, west end of condos off ball park on a rocky bottom. The perch seemed to be roaming by every couple minutes based on sonar, with a couple bites per sonar mark. Watch the sonar and watch for a bite.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts