Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GOING OUT ON A LIMB ON THIS ONE.

WITH THE HIGH PRESSURE CELL COMING IN ,,, AND THE WAVES BEING FAVORABLE FOR DRIFT FISHING.
I HAVE A GUT FEELING THAT THE FISH ARE IN TITE,,,REAL TITE!!!! OFF SHERROD START IN 8-10 FEET OF WATER,WORK THE AREA GOING WEST TOWARDS THE MANSION.GRADUALLY WORK YOUR WAY OUT IN TO 12-14 F.O.W.(If you don't pick up any Walleye)Then try 15-18 f.o.w.
In prior years(this time of year) the fellas whom fished in tight ,,,,,nailed there limit day after day. This area has a lot of rocks that should be holding the fish.
As far as I know no one has been in this tight fishing. If they are in that tite, use Gold weapons,Silver/Lemon lime or Gold Erie dearies,and Wally pops!!!Other harness' may work,,you just have to try.
I know many tourneys are going on tommorrow and once again I'm going out on a limb. BUT TRY IT YOU HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE!!!!

Walleye today for trollers were scattered,but they did hit them,gps #'s 29/17,turned on about 1 p.m.
SAND BAR has been fished several times,,,like Sheephead? They are there!!!! Nothin else!

Perch were a poppin 1 to 3 miles out of the Vermilion river.

WALLEYER DRIFTERS IN SHALLOW AS PRESCRIBED!!!!!

GOOD LUCK,
I WILL LET YOU KNOW IN A POST IN THE NEXT COUPLE DAYS HOW MANY FISH WERE CRACKED IN SHALLOW.
MAY THE FISH BE WITH YOU!!!!
SUNDAY,,PLAN ON TROLLING AGAIN, BUT MAYBE IN CLOSE IF I'M RIGHT ON THIS ONE!!!!!
BAIT DAVE
Dave's Bait and Tackle
1612 State road
Vermilion,Ohio 44089
440-963-0088

·
100 Posts
Dave, we went to your shop. Met Charlie. Got a crash course in Walleye Fishing (only my third trip to the lake). Spent some money in order to help the American economy. When we got to the water we chickened out! The dock master suggested we go look at the lake before we paid her the 6 bucks! My little 16' deep V seemed even smaller than usual! Finally did get out later in the day over by Marblehead lighthouse.

I don't know if it was lack of skill or lack of fish, because we only managed a few perch. But a good time was had by all.

You have a nice shop!

·
KrustyDawg
2,633 Posts
Dave,
I agree. Last year around this time we did well trolling hot n' tots in tight 10-17 ft.

Krustydawg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts