Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out with Misfit and had a good time. :D We caught walleye, white and yellow perch, gobi, white bass, sheepshead and Misfit's specialty..... a channel cat on a trolled stinger spoon. :confused: Once a catman, always a catman. :p :D :D

·
MOD SQUAD
13,657 Posts
it's after midnight,and i just got home.so i'll post tomorrow.old misfit is dead on his feet :eek: :eek:

·
MOD SQUAD
13,657 Posts
first,about the catman crack :p ;)
you're right though.a catman can smell one a mile away.so i wanted to show you there's not only more than one way to skin 'em,but more than one way to catch 'em too,lol.
had a great time,and thanks again,ron,for another fun erie day.i love fishin' in those 2 foot and unders :rolleyes: ;)

ps..............did those 2 rookies(lundy and lewis)catch any eyes? ;)
good to see you guys again,but i wish we,d had time for a little r&r with a couple brews,afterward.

thanks again ron,for a great day,and some fish to fill my "little" belly.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
You guys just missed me.
They jumpin on the hook where I am angling.
16 eyes in 2 1/2 hours there. Most running from 22-24 inches. Dragging Crawlers across the bottom.

·
ORIGINAL TEAM OGF
5,506 Posts
Wel..Lundy and I did not fare so well.
We decided that with the recent reports we could do just fine drifting and casting,so we left the trolling gear in Lundy's van.Big mistake.
I dont think I have ever caught so many White Perch and Sheephead in my life.
We tried Weapons,harnesses and weight forwards.
We could not keep the trash fish off of any of these lures.
The trolling reports we heard were much better.
So...guess what?...I started working a large Hopkins spoon and Lundy started working a Vib-E....It got worse...a trash fish about every 2 minutes.
A big 3 inch long 3/4 oz spoon..and the White Perch loved it.
Lundy did manage one small walleye...maybe 17".
We tried deep..we tried shallow..no matter where we went the trash fish were there.
Finally we just gave up...
A frustrating trip...but fun with good company as usual.
The only part I regret is not sticking around and harassing Misfit some more :D
They were picking a few fish and him and Short rubbed it in pretty good. :D
Oh..and I really enjoyed all that cold and wet 2 ft. or less also.... :p
We'll do er again!

I had a good old summer cold all week,and I was whipped.

·
MOD SQUAD
13,657 Posts
love those trash fish :rolleyes:
it got to the point,while trolling,i couldn't get my dipsy and spoon half way down till the white perch were smacking it.they loved that rasberry/copper :eek:
i think they were stacked from bottom to top.didn't matter how much line i had out,if i stopped it,i would instantly feel that thumping in the rod.
they also ate up a few dozen crawlers while we were drifting.

maybe we all should have listened to walleyeguy,or just followed him around :rolleyes: :D

·
Registered
84 Posts
Dad and I caught 4 cats on Saturday at Lorain. Always a surprise, they tug and flash like an eye, but then show the whiskers for the big dissapointment....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts