Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Catcher of Fish
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ohiojmj and I went out of Vermilion yesterday chasing the walleyes. Short story - we got five ranging from 3 lbs to 6.3 lbs and we worked our hind ends off to get them.

We were on the lake from 6 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Three were caught drifting chartruese Erie Dearies and nightcrawlers, two were caught trolling, one on chartruese/chrome Little Cleo and one on a blue/chrome Little Cleo. The crankbait and Stinger bite was non-existant for us unless you count sheepshead and white bass. Lots of white perch on the drifting rigs. Depth of fish caught was 25-40 ft, they appear to be really scattered. Water clarity went from stained to clear somewhere between 30-35 ft depth. All were caught west of the river and somewhat east of the Castle.

It was a great day to be on the lake weather-wise with the chop ranging from flat at times to some 3 footers when we headed in. Sometimes it can be a pain in the rear to fish when you've got two idiots in a 16' boat with at least 10 rods, enough tackle to sink a 12 footer and a serious lack of organization. It was a cluster**** for most of the day.....

The perch fishermen appeared to be having a good day, a small pack of them just west of the river in 20-25 ft of water looked to be catching fish pretty regular.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
"two idiots in a 16' boat".....I resemble that remark. I'll be working up a rod holding rack tonight.

Tomorrow I'll be slipping and tripping over minnows...

·
MOD SQUAD
13,657 Posts
hahaha.i would have sworn you were talkin' about the ol misfit and toad.the only difference is,toad's boat is 18 feet :rolleyes: :D ;)
other than that,it fits pretty good,lol.
we'll be there tomorrow,doing a repeat of your performance.

when you've got two idiots in a 16' boat with at least 10 rods, enough tackle to sink a 12 footer and a serious lack of organization. It was a cluster**** for most of the day

1 - 3 of 3 Posts