Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished west of the river Saturday. Had to work real hard for only two walleye. One went 25" and the other 27". Both came off spoons in 30-35 FOW. Sounds like Lorain is starting to pick up while vermilion is slowing down.

Once again we caught three 8-9 inch walleyes. From the looks of it last years hatch was amazing.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
You guys are out to deep.
Head into shallower waters.They are there.

·
Catcher of Fish
2,844 Posts
I fished there yesterday and got one fish, 25". We lost another at the boat. Marked a ton of fish, couldn't catch squat. We trolled with spoons and cranks anywhere from 25' to 40'. Drifting produced white perch.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Trolled nearby Seaturd with stinger spoons of all colors/sizes and a few cranks on dipseys from Vermillion to Castle yesterday in 28-40 ft and was plagued by sheep. No eyes in the livewell. Lost a monster at the boat. Marked lotsa fish. Not my day, but son had fun herding the sheep. May try Lorain or evening trip next.

Slim pickings was reported by others at the launch.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Ducknut, can I get a PM on depth? I'm in my first year of Erie fishing and need a few jumpstarts. Promise to leave a few 9.5#ers for you.

·
Premium Member
8,718 Posts
I caught four eyes Saturday. One at 8#, another at 7#, and a couple a little over 20". I caught them on Jet 20s back 100' in 42 FOW. The guys that were limiting out were in the same depth of water, but using big Dypsys 80-90' back. It seems that I was above the feeding fish.

·
Registered
8 Posts
:D we ran on the east side and boated 29 eyes. 2-30.5" plus 11 more large enough for fish Ohio. One 28" stlhead and 2 17" white bass. Man it was one H--- of a day for us. Not fast and furious but a good steady day and a fine time was had by all.

Saltwater

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
We Caught 6 Nice Eaters Yesterday Out Of Hotwaters...we Used Stingers And Dipsys And Boards...we Fished 5 Miles North And A Mile West Of Lorain..water Was 38-54fow..some Big Sheaphead And A Few White Bass....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts