Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went 13/13 walleye throwing the last back to keep our 2 limits. We started in the afternoon after the waves calmed, fished from 2-9, had the walleye by 8 and it took the last hour of that to get our 1. Probably over 100 white bass, couldn't keep the lines in the water. Also got a bonus 27 1/2 inch steelie. Dad was setting the clip and it got ripped off, figured it was another white bass until the line got stretched out, glad he had the drag set. The fish took of outta water once then ripped off somewhere b/t 50-100 more feet before coming outta water again. Tried for those the last hour and had one more big pull back but once I started reeling the knot on the swivel come loose and there went that fish, after all the fish from the day I should have checked the knots, o well. The only spoon we could get going was a scorpion Mrs Pauls, everything else only took white bass. Steelie was on Mrs Pauls. At the end of the day we were going 3.5-4 for steel and still caught whites and sheep.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Do you have a crown to prove your kingship.......or is this somekind of self-imposed kingship?

Sounds like ya caught some fish. How big were they? How deep was the water? How deep were the fish?

Great job. Be safe out there. HMMMM.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First of all, I just like to have that confidence on the water, lol, (very self imposed). Secondly, 20 jets 120 back was the key, we don't even have larger ones b/c they all dive the about the same according to the trollers bible, 38-41 fow. I think the 32-17 line was it??? A little SW of that. Fish ranged from 20-23 1/2 inches with 1 18 incher. Also marked fish on the bottom, set a rigger down there but nothing except 1 white bass, so we tried.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts