Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well we did not do too bad. End up with 6 at 11:30am (had to work). The biggest was 27.5 inches. Smallest was 18 inches. Lot of boats out not many were get any. Talked to Het he called it early, and Chipawa was out but never heard how he was doing. Plus Joew was out. Rough to start off with and then a 11:00 the lake started calming down. I should be back out Sunday evening for some trolling action and stay into the night a little. Best lure was a eridecent at 200 back.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Jeff, yea i was out there but i didnt have to much fun!! should of turned it around when i took my second shower of the day around 730 !! i thought it was going to settle down and be < 2 like they were calling for. i stayed out for a couple hrs anyway with nothing to show for it,but a wet boat floor!! did pick up some new lures at erie outfitters though.

·
Draggin Meat
1,498 Posts
I was among the boats that were out there. I called out to you tubuzz and Chippewa, but I don't think the radio was working. I could hear occasionally, but no one gave me a response to my radio checks and OGF Shouts. Looks like one more thing to buy.:D

We started of drifting but couldn't buy a bite, then trolled over to the pack and quickly picked up our first, few hours later We netted our 8th fish at 11:30.

Just northwest out of the Vermillion. 30-38 FOW # 0-dipsey 50-58 ft back was the majic number. 1.8-2.0 mph
Dirty white boy took 3 fish, halogram monkey puke took 1, Chicken Wing took 3, and chicken wing worm harness took 1.

20 inchers mostly, with a few 17's.
Also caught a 7 incher didn't even trigger the dipsey...

Good luck.

Dave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was not capt today but I tried to answer when I heard someone calling me. Sounds like you found the fish.

·
Registered
488 Posts
fished the ruggles area today. got a few white perch and farm animals and that was it. i heard Chippewa on the radio and talked with tubuzz. there were not many boats at ruggles.

·
Lumberjack
1,526 Posts
Sounds like I made a good choice not to come up today...was gonna bring the better half and daughter for a day around the islands...stayed home and did yard work instead...in spite of marginal reports and less than favorable water, it is still hard to hear of a few ggod ones being caught while I dug into the landscaping! Next weekend for sure!

·
761 Posts
I'm with fugarwi - couldn't get out this weekend, but when I looked at the lake bouy Saturday morning, it didn't seem to match up with the marine forecast.

Hopefully we can all make it up next weekend.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Almost got out Sat but the boat gods asked me to spend some quality time with the trolling motor instead :eek:
Three hours later - I think that we are in business.
Hoping for Sunday afternoon.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
We went out of vermillion and headed over the castle and had no luck with drifting bouncers and harnesses... I talked to tubuzz and switched over to trolling reef runners and spoons and still no luck. around 2 we made a run back to in front of the vermillion ramp in 31-35 fow and trolled spoons and harnesses and we started to nail them.. got 2 on purple-ice spoons and ten on harneses (#5 gold blades, purple and red bead combo, and green,yellow and orange bead combo) we were running the harnesses on big dipsies set at 3 1/2 40 feet back and the spoons on 30 jets 55' back... speed was 1.5-2mph... all nice fish with several 24" and one 28" 9# hog... This was my first trip out with my boat and with all new equipment to get set and tuned.. it was pretty hectic at times but it was a blast!!!!

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Tubuz2, I'm jealous!!! Went out of hot waters. three of us only managed one 25" eye and a few white perch. We were flying blind as we are waiting on a repair to the fish finder (Since February~~!!) so we probably fished some dead water... Didn't see anyone net a fish or hear any bragging on the radio or back at the dock.

What a miserable day weather wise!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If I am out there I will tell you how I am doing. I monitor 68. Hope to get out this weekend. Might try for perch this week too. I will post what and where.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts