close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Venom Tubes for Smallies

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by bronzebackyac, Sep 23, 2005.

1. bronzebackyac

bronzebackyac Crick Smallie Fisherman

Any one have any luck with Venom tubes. I have caught a few smallies in small creeks with the dark watermellon ones. I tried the pumpkin with not as much luck. So..... I came to the conclusion that they wanted something darker. I found the motoroil/black with the red and green flake today at wally world so I picked a pack up. I think they will resemble hellgies a little better. What do you guys think. Have you had any luck with black tubes?

2. peon

peon account delete

alot of my buddies fished our night tourney this year and got lots a fish on black tubes.. i have never caught anything on a tube just waiting on my turn....but i know alot of the guys in my club use venom!! and it seems like alot more use the BPS ones now adays...

3. TexasPete

TexasPete Fishin' Fool

I have had results with Venom tubes.

4. shroomhunter

shroomhunter USMC 1979-1983

Black Neon, only color you need. It is black with red flakes.

5. The tubes I use for smallies are #1 Crooked Creek Pknsd/Wtrmln depending on water color. #2 New Age Bait Co. same colors. Both companies tubes are the 2.5" size. Strike King bitsy tubes will work but seem to be a little to thin in the body. When the bite is strong color doesn't seem to matter much though. This is true to the Cuyahoga River Where I do most of my river/creek fishing.

6. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

Venom, Strike King Bitzy tubes, YUM are all good choices for smallies...as for size, colder water i go small(2.5"-2.75"), in warm water i'll go as big as 4"+

Scott