Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
I went last night for bass but didn't catch one but really did well with crappie. It seemed like everything I was throwing for bass the crappie was taking them. Mostly smaller crankbaits and some top water poppers. Even had some that took a spinnerbait I was throwing even though it was double the size as some of the fish.

·
Registered
85 Posts
The first one closest to the hospital on the west side. There is a black pipe I like to fish at. Always seems to be fish in that area especially if water is being released.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Not a problem if you catch any smallmouth/largemouth let me know what you was using. I'm having a pretty bad dry spell lately and can't seem to catch no matter what I throw.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I was up there a few weeks ago and there were a bunch of smallies on the south res on the north side but all depends on the wind

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
You must play the wind on those up-ground reservoirs...fish the windy side..always.

I grew up down there...fished #2 more than I did #1, and caught a little of everything out there over the years, but one constant is that you MUST fish the windy side if you want to catch any sort of numbers.

Largemouth, smallmouth, white bass, and rock bass always were willing to hit a 1/8th oz. jig with a yellow or white grub tail on it. Walleyes were had by using a slip bobber with a leech. Catfish were always willing to bite smelt and/or shrimp on the bottom. Used to do well on perch through the ice out there.

Roostertails in white/yellow were really good as well, but I see no reason that a smaller lipless crankbait would do just as good.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts