close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Van Halen

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by shroomhunter, Aug 25, 2007.

1. shroomhunter

shroomhunter USMC 1979-1983

I got my tickets!!! Been waiting on this reunion for a few years:D
    Cleveland Rocks!!

2. My wife is going with her sisterand brother-in-law. Als, I must work.

3. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

I'm am/was a big Van Halen fan. I've seen the original lineup a few times, and even saw a couple of Van Hagar shows. I just can't seem to get excited about this reunion. If they had Michael Anthony back on bass, I'd probably go, but the fact that Eddy's sixteen year old son will be in the mix ruins it for me.

I hope Eddy can stay clean long enough to complete the tour, but something tells me that the tour will come to an end before its finished due to either Eddy rediscovering the joys of alcohol and drugs, or the personality clashed between the Van Halen boys and Diamond Dave.

4. ranger487

ranger487 OhioPro Lure

I'm also pumped about this one !!! we are in sec 206 I believe

Mark

5. I'm with you Het, WolfGang Van Halen? It's not going to be the same as when I seen them in the 80's. Now that was ROCK!! Wife came home said a bunch of work peeps got to gather and bought tix. I guess I got to go now.

6. :rolleyes: wounder if that would make it defiantly a good concert?

7. shroomhunter

I know it's not the original line up but neither was Page/Plant for the No Quarter tour. They played Zeppelin songs and it was awesome. I just don't believe many of us will ever see times the way they were in the 60's & 70's and even into the early 80's. Long live rock n roll.....hey that's a Rainbow song.

8. Wheres Van Halen playing at? Eventhou im 29 Id kill to see Led Zepplin and Pink Floyd do a reunion. Van Hagar sucked. Diamond Dave was the man, lookin pretty rough thou.

9. Fishpro

Fishpro Northcoast Madman

I seen them back in '04 at the Gund and they were great! I've got no desire to see them with DLR and Wolfgang though. Bring back Sammy and Michael!!!:D

10. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

i agree. saw them in biloxi miss and it was a very good show(and a few after that). sammy is the man, saw roth at packard music hall(solo). he was so drunk, running around in bib overalls and bare foot on stage, we didnt even stay till the end. how the mighty have fallen..but roth with VH, i still would have loved to seen that show, in the day..

and WOLFGANG, i bet now that eddie is sober he's thinking "what in the hell was i thinking?" HAHAHA!!

11. dip

dip dip

i never went to a van halen show to see anthony or hagar. roth was dialed in when VH was younger and hagar never could hit the notes live. i guess some "fans" will be upset if wolfgang doesn't have a jack daniels bass. EDDIE IS THE SHOW AND IF YOU DON'T GET THAT YOU AINT GOT IT! BWAHAHAHA

12. Fishpro

Fishpro Northcoast Madman

Wrong. They are a band, any REAL fan knows that. Eddie is the best, no doubt, but Van Halen isn't Van Halen without Michael and Alex. And as far as singers go, back in the day, DLR was the voice of VH, but thats in the past. IMO, they have done thier best music with Sammy.;) :D

13. dip

dip dip

my mistake! i thunk alex was still with the band. i never went to see him neener. i went to see dave many times because of steve vai #1 and because dave is a showman. too many keyboards when hagar the HORRIBLE!!!!!! came aboard and you never see diamond dave trying to pull off a lead with EDDIE on stage!

14. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

Alex is still in the band.

On another note, none of Van Halen's albums hit #1 with Dave on vocals.

With Hagar in the band, four of their albums hit #1

15. dip

dip dip

wow! backstreet boyz and the bee gees had #1 albums so i guess they rock better than diamond dave!

16. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

If you talk album sales, the brothers Gibb put VH to shame. They've sold well over 100 million (yes, 100 million) MORE albums than Van Halen, no matter who was at the mic.

Van Halen rocked back in the day. But now they are nothing more than a bunch of has beens with hair plugs, false teeth, and titanium hips.

17. i was such a big van halen fan..of both eras. not the cherone version tho - that was a mistake (and i was an extreme fan)....that said...i wouldnt go to this show if you paid me. they;ve become a huge joke.

did you know the VH brothers are going and removing michael anthony's name from the song writing credits....and are still using his vocal backing track live on stage? tell me that isnt a load of BS.

18. dip

dip dip

hee hee ha ha! rolling stones sold a few records too and keef richards been playin the same 2 riffs for 40+ years..... that being said if i wanna hear someone who set the world on fire i'll stick with ed. if i wanna hear bee gees i'll shoot myself. when hagar the HORRIBLE showed up ed started playing too much synth and hagar the HORRIBLE cant hit the notes OR play lead. i don't care who sold more plastic when VH1 came out back in the day i was sold!

19. shroomhunter

I'm going to enjoy the show regardless. My opinion is that it was Van Halen with Dave and Van Hagar with Sammy. Van Halen exploded onto the scene when I was a junior in HS and it was Daves voice that I hear when I think of Van Halen. I liked Hagar with Montrose...get on yer bad motor scooter and ride!!!!! Besides, they're all in line behind the mighty Led Zeppelin.

20. huh? do you recall 1984?

and DLR can?

wait, are you refering to the same Led Zep that ripped off more than half their material in the beginning and never credited the old blues guys they stole from on their albums?

;) hehe, i like this discussion.

dont get me wrong, i'm glad the ol' VH fans are getting what they've been waiting for....but, in my eyes, it's become too much of a joke to enjoy.