V on friday

Discussion in 'Steelhead Talk' started by clip, Feb 20, 2008.

1. clip

clip

I've got a hall pass Friday. What's the chances the V will be fishable by late morning.

2. The V will fish but the ice/slush might be a problem.
    Watch the temps.

Late morning/afternoon would be best

Matt

3. This week is setting up a lot like it was last Wednesday when I went up to the Rocky. Holes were open but the slush was TERRIBLE.
    If the water does come down quick enough, the slush will be the next problem. We need a few good days of mid 30's to get things back to normal.

4. clip

clip

Thanks guys,

Unfortunately you confirmed what I was thinking as well, I hate to waste the hall pass so I think I'll watch the weather and hope for the best.

5. Hey clip just curiouse what is a hall pass.... Is that like a free day off school? If it is you are lucky we didn't have those back in the day we had to skip out and elude the authorities... One time i skipped out to go fishing and to my suprise i saw my math teacher in my hole!!!!:p

6. Drove over the Rt.2 bridge and then in town this evening.....everything is frozen.

7. Ya i walked the dog down there today and there was only like 2 spots actually fishable that you could get your line into the water with out it hanging up on the ice.....not worth it in my book but some guys i know will crack the ice to catch nothing... haha more power to em!

8. clip

clip

A hall pass... is what you get from the wife to go fishing,hunting etc. and you don't have to take any of the kids. It's been a long time since I had a real hall pass.

Clip