Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
just 1 more cast!!!
2,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was wondering if anyone uses a cable steered bow mount for pulling harnesses? and if so, how does one jimmy rig it to stay on course hands free? tried a couple maguyverd methods with short term success. thanks to any replies.

·
Registered
209 Posts
My Buddy runs a Cabelas Trolling motor with a foot control we have it set about a 8 setting and troll with it running dipseys and Worm Harnesses we been picking them up about 70-90 ft Back in about 47-50 ft of water .
A Little tricky keeping on coarse till ya figure it out But it catches Fish

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,505 Posts
I had a cable steer Maxxum on my last boat, tried it and it veers off course quick, you litterly have to stay in the front on the pedal to keep the boat moving decently straight total PIA and impossible to stay in the back and on a semi straight troll, they flat out aren't made to troll IMO.

My suggestion...sell it and buy a Terrova or V2 with Auto Pilot they are worth there weight in walleye :D

·
Fish against the fish...
1,110 Posts
do a search for 'donkey auto pilot' and you will see what Kgone is talking about. he did the same thing - shows you how he hooked up the kicker to the outboard and mounted the auto on the bow. nice job.

then do a search for one of kgone's recent posts about the upgrade to the terrova.

we're going to have the same setup on ours -- got a bow mount a few weeks ago and are having a 42" shaft switched for a 60" -- a bait shop in Mogadore is a MinnKota certified repair shop and we called to find out we could get a deal on a 42" shaft and upgrade for about $100.

great deal and we'll be trolling hands-free next spring!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts