close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

User Friendly Tournament

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Reel Lady, Sep 29, 2004.

1. Reel Lady

Reel Lady Dreams DO come true!

I have an idea that I would like to share with you. First of all, I loved being at the weigh in after the walleye tournament. I was jealous that I was not part of the event. But you see, I am not super serious about serious fishing, fishing for money is not a motivating factor, and I dont have thousands of dollars in downriggers, outriggers, planer boards, GPS, and all that other fancy stuff that charter boats have.
    I'm just little old me that just LOVES to fish. The idea of fishing in a large tournament is a bit intimidating to me, after all, who am I to compete with the Big Boys who are on this lake all the time, and know all of her moods?????
    How do you feel about an OGF member only fishing tournament? Maybe a multi-species tournament? I guess I'm looking for more "fun", but fun in a competitive sort of way. Let me know what your thoughts are on this.
    Marcia

2. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

We did this at our last outing at Tappan. It turned out great.

3. Sure was fun too. We'll do it again. But can we sort of rest a little first??? LOLOLOL!!!

Keep the ideas around guys. We're always looking for suggestions!!!

4. Sounds like fun, Marcia. I enjoyed meeting you, Rob and your son at the Hawgfest.

Scott

5. Tappan was TOPS !!!

6. toad

toad geriatrics supporter

The Tappen outing & tourney was a good time. If I remenber right misfit and myself would have smoked shortdrift and pipeliner if we had just kept a couple of the ones we threw back looking for the almighty sumo. :rolleyes:

7. ... cept the camping SUX :(

8. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

Marcia, if you are looking for a fun toureny to start off in, you should come to portage lakes on the 9th. It's deffinately for a good cause and you might learn a few new things too.

9. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

johnboy will also learn a thing or two from me... :)

flash----------------------out

10. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

how to lose a motor, how to burn down a house, how to fry crappie lights, how tobecome a human ice surfer, the list goes on and on! :D

11. Pipliner and Shortdrift turned in their 10 (5 each) smallest fish in thinking there would be others that would relish beating us. :rolleyes: Never thought anyone would throw the honors our way just so they could complain later on. :p ;) :)

12. After letting several Saugeye go at The Tappen Outing Tourney,, Ron said,...... Hey, Maybe we better keep some of these.... ! Good Idea!!!!! :D
    It was great to see you and Misfit at The Plantation, I am sorry that we did not get to talk more.................................... ;) Stan :D