close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Used Jeep Wrangler parts?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Rooster, Feb 1, 2005.

1. Anyone have any recommendations on where to find a pair of used upper doors (soft-top) for a 2001 Wrangler? I desperately need to replace both, and they are fairly expensive (new). Would it be worth my time to try a few junkyards? Thanks!

2. U-Wrench-It on Groveport Road. Have you tried there? That is if you are in the Columbus area.

3. Skooky

Skooky Fish Wizard

I have an 89 wrangler YJ and have never been able to find any used jeep parts locally at salvage yards. You're best bet in my opinion would be www.qadratec.com or ebay. If I'd of thought, I would have saved my old upper door skins. I had to replace the top on mine and bought a new one at quadratec last fall for about $350 if I remember correctly. It was about as close as I could get to factory original.

My windows and door skins were good but the top was ripped off by the wind with a little help of a semi going the other direction :eek: . talk about freaking me out. It was Late October and raining and windy as all get out. I saved the side and rear windows but threw out the upperdoors, they were all scratched up.

4. After making a few calls, it is apparent that used jeep parts are not that easy to find. I was reading the ads wrong, and thought that the upper doors were $300 each. $300 a pair is a MUCH better price! Thanks!

5. Skooky

Skooky Fish Wizard

You would think the door skins would be cheaper by themselves. I also bought a bikini top for my Jeep a couple of summers back and highly reccommend them. They are great for keeping the sun off of you and while still having that top off feeling. :)

6. Rooster,if you buy used upper door tops the only ones you can use are the tj uppers ( 97 to 04 ). If the frames are all right then you can buy new skins. I buy my parts from 4 wheel drive hardware. They are located over in Columbiana oh. and have a good selection of parts. I was looking at the fall catalog and the upper skins were 200 and the ones with frames are 260. 4wd.com . Hope this helps.