close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

USCG or BMA Plate

Discussion in 'Vermilion Hawg Fest' started by harle96, Aug 13, 2007.

1. harle96

harle96 Draggin Meat

I was reading the rules/regulations and it mentioned a BMA or USCG Plate will be looked for at inspection. I believe this "plate" is the capacity weight and horse power limit for each boat.

My boat does not have one of these....

I called Wellcraft and they forwarded me the weight information and the max HP for my hull in an email and told me there is no program to have any of these plates re-made for any reason.

I followed up with ODNR and they told me boats bigger than 20' by Federal law do not require these capacity plates, which may be why I don't have one.

Will this be an issue on the day of the Tournament?

Do I need to call anyone else or need any other information?

Thanks,
    Dave

2. It won't be an issue if you are over 20 feet in length. Actually it won't be an issue for smaller boats either, during inspection, unless you are obviously over powered and the inspector notices it or if someone protests an overpowered boat.

We don't do safety inspections, that is up to you and your crew. We only check for fish on the boat and make sure everyone has a life jacket, that is why you'll be required to wear one during takeoff.

This would be a good time for people to start asking questions about the tourney. We have information about ready to be posted on either this forum or on the VHF website so I'd say ask away. Most of our rules are geared towards either safety or efficiency. You guys are responsible for your crews safety and we'll set the take off and weigh in to be as efficient and as safe as possible. I think you'll be surprised how smoothly it will go if everyone understands the procedures and follows them.