close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

USA Basketball loses to Argentina

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by archman, Aug 27, 2004.

1. Best they can do now is win the bronze. Does this suprise anyone? Looks like the NBA Champs can't be called the "World Champions" anymore.

2. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

I think I'll stick to watching women's beach vollyball

3. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

What happened to the "Guarantee" they will win the Gold? ;) :D

4. catking

catking Banned

Looks as if the rest of the world just caught up to the USA in basketball, just like we did with soccer. I still liked it better when we sent our college kids. We always did good in all the sports. They played with more heart..THE CATKING !!!

5. I like Procraft's idea, stickin to watching the Women's Beach Volleyball. Good stuff.

6. Dingo

Dingo

Maybe this will turn out being a good thing. It would be nice to see the NBA return to more of a team oriented game. The 1-on-1 / no defense thing works fine if all are doing it (like in the NBA, except for possibly the Pistons), but falls short when a real team goes against it. A top-level college TEAM would have fared better in the olympics.

7. JohnBoat

JohnBoat OU Bassmaster

They can't play "real" basketball! Sure, slam dunks look awesome but they just don't get the job done! And they need to give the King, LEBRON some more minutes out on the court

8. MLAROSA

MLAROSA Loving Life

Sorry but I lost alot of respect for Labron James. Post game, he said that he wasn't dissappointed at the loss. Said he was shocked, but disappointed was to "strong of a word".

I have to say to him, sorry pal, you are there representing the USA, and you and the rest of the team dissappointed me.

Sure ain't the 'Dream Team' anymore......

You guys remember why our pro's decided to start playing in the olympics? It was some of the other countries were playing their pro's, and MJ and Barkley and the crew wanted to make a point. It appears to me that this younger generation has lost the feeling, the "love of the game".

9. should represent the USA if pros are going to play. They're already a team that knows each others moves, not a bunch of hotshots trying to be the star.

10. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

I don't know to much on the subject because i don't watch basketball but i think all the players that went should be commended for there efforts. The ones who should be getting the lashings are all the other NBA players who were asked and turned down the chance to represent there country in the olympics because they were to busy making movies, commercials, rap vidieos, and millions of dollars to give a little back.

11. catking

catking Banned

Hey Guys- I do follow basketball alot, and it is a fact that thee are teams in this world that are equal to alot of NBA teams. Yes, our hand picked players should beat most of the worlds teams, but alot of our players turned down the chance to play. Argentina has an excellent team, and probably could beat half of the NBA teams. Lithuania also has one of the best in the world. In fact alot of NBA players play for these diffrent teams. Look at hockey, the Russians could beat the NHL champs alot of the times and did 4-3 in one tourney a few years ago. But the Russians became the Detroit Red Wings :D The point I'm trying to make is...... unless you follow world basketball, it is a shock to see that MBA get beat. But if you follow the world basketball, it's not really shocking. I think somebody hit the nail on the head. You have to play as a TEAM. The world plays as a team in their respected leagues, where the USA throws together a team in a few weeks. It doesn't work anymore. Another point, the 3 point line is THREE feet closer in international play. It is a well known fact that most players in the NMA have lost their talent for the 15-20 foot shot. Most either slam or shoot from the seats :D .THE CATKING !!!