Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Urban Angler
6,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit my home flow this morning. We fished a very channelized, deep, rocky, and forgotten-by-histroy stretch. It is about 100 yards long. The bite was slow. Andyjs had a big smallie (about 18" I would guess) up to the shore before it spit his rebel craw. I had a 20"+- saugeye do the same thing but on a husky jerk. Would have been great pictures since he hooked them nearly at the same time. No more bites other than one of my largest carp to date. She measured 32" exactly. Hit a white twister with a 1/16 oz jighead. Can't wait to hit this hole when the weather stabilzes. In 1996 the OEPA shocked 6 muskies with a mean weight of 14 lbs....and I had a small one chasing my husky jerk in last year for about 5 straight casts :D

Here's the fish ohio carp.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
To bad on those fish spitting the hook, we seen 3 or 4 big carp in a little backwater area lastnight but they wouldnt look at anything, every now and again they would decide to show off and jump out of the water, almost like they were thumbing there nose at us.

·
Hack Fisherman
116 Posts
Nice catch dude!

Your list of fish ohio's this year is continuing to grow!

·
Banned
2,976 Posts
Nice Carp!

Are those the beginning stages of a beer belly I see in the background?:D

·
Banned
2,976 Posts
Join and live in a fraternity that always has a keg on tap. Worked for me - 20 years later and its still there!

·
Urban Angler
6,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well too late for that unfortunately. Just graduated. I'll see what I can do though, thinking grad school LOL

·
Registered
537 Posts
Damn... that is a big carp. Always a nice surprise since you were probably fishing with a lot lighter equipment than someone would suggest for a fish like that. Nice fish man.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Wow. You know how to have some fun. I caught a 35' carp out at buckeye lake and I got a picture but I need to scan it because it was back in the day. But he was not nearly as thick as those guys you have been catchin.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts