Urban Alum Creek SKUNK

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by BennyLovesSaugeyes, Jul 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fished the usual stretch of urban Alum creek last night. Water current was NON-EXISTANT, and the water was Glass clear. Water temp was easily in the mid-70's. Only fish we saw were carp.

Bounced Twister tails off the bottom for a good two-three hours. Tried everything else we had on us. Spinner baits, jerk minnows, swim baits, nothing. Slim did get one good hit around 8:30, 30 minutes more of fishing, nothing more. 9 oclock we packed up and left. First trip out of three that I didn't walk away with 3 or more Saugeyes. Was kinda mad since I stressed that this area was the ultimate stream Saugeye Hole. lol.

If you fish the area south of Wolfe/Nelson Park and North of Three Creeks, give it a week or so. The stream really needs a good rain to get the current back up. I've never fished it where it was that calm before, really messed up the fishing.

Good Luck to all
    Benny

2. saugeyeslayer

saugeyeslayer The tug is the drug

Somewhat true, But...

Went out yesterday to an undisclosed area potentially along the alum creek watershed maybe somewhere south of the last dam and caught several keepers..

You are right about the rain, but i would target these fish in the deepest- DEEPEST hole you can find. (look for shade and fish up until night)

Happy jiggin'

3. nice to hear someone is slaying the saugs mr.slayer in the creek portion of alum creek.

If you ever want some company fishing down there, PM me.

4. you guys ever try anywhere in big walnut? i have recently been doing pretty well.

5. my brother has been talking about that area. But to be honest, I am not familar with it at all. I actually wouldn't even know where to find it on a map. :(

6. Columbusslim31

Columbusslim31 Student of Finjitsu

Nice fishing with you Benny. I think I might be a jinx though. Gone out three times with no fish. Hopefully when we hit my Olentangy hole, we'll fare better.

7. Columbusslim31

Told ya Benny. :D

tchrist, do you fish north or south of Hoover?

8. actually right below the dam is amazing.. just at the right time of year. but theres a little hole of mine just down from there off of morse road thats on fire right now. i was there yesterday and got a late start got one eye and like every other fish possible lol

9. we need to hit that up! my brother told me about it, then you last night. Sounds like a hot bed for some tastey eye action. Maybe next weekend slim?? :B

10. Columbusslim31

Thanks for the info that helps a lot. I just got into wading so the hard part is just finding places to wade. Kayaking is next.

11. yea im only 18 so thats like all i do. i love catching saugeye but most of the people i fish with cant keep up with me (get bored etc.). but yea their are some monsters in there. if you guys ever need another companion to go im always down to go.

12. Columbusslim31

Consider this an open invitation. :) I'm new to river/creek fishing in general so I'm always down to fish with someone I can learn something from. Now we just need to get seethe303 to go with us and we'll have a whole crew. :D

13. saugeyeslayer

saugeyeslayer The tug is the drug

I'll show you guys the Ins-and Outs of saugeye fishing :p

among other things...(Benny lol)

14. alright man sounds good. Haha any new stuff to me is welcome as long as I'm catching some eyes!

15. you are the young saugeye phenom

16. I think it's cool that you guys are hooking up. Really cool.
    But let me give you an opinion to consider. You just practically wrote a map to your, it sounds like one of few, wading spot. I know just the three of you are planning on hitting it. But you should realize that there are 279 views to this thread. Do you intend on inviting ALL of those guys too? Cuz you kind of just did.
    What I'm saying is you should consider sharing that information via PM's, emails, and phone calls with these guys. When you share it openly on the web, EVERYONE gets to hear about your nice spot. And yes, they are precious, and not only to you but maybe to some other guy who spend a long time exploring such a spot.
    When you have waded, kayaked, whatever long enough around here you'll realize how precious the spots are that are good fishing spots and offer some degree of solitude/space.
    Helping guys out and sharing some tips and spots is what it's all about, for sure. All I'm saying is you may want to consider the method in which you share that information unless your intent is to have a whole lot of company.

17. Columbusslim31

Andyman your opinion is noted. However it would seem that your post would be the one better suited for a private message. I preferred to do this through private message, so as not to take away from the thread but your full mailbox prevents me from doing so.

Me personally, I stopped posting for a while because of guys like you that seem to have nothing but negative things to say. I'm new to fishing in general and new to forums altogether. And I gotta say that lately the threads have been extremely negative and discouraging. Not to say that you're at the root of this, but it appears to be that you do contribute to it.

I remember when I first joined this site and made my first post. You were one of the first to reply with advice. I thanked you then, and I still thank you. I just thought I'd let you know those are the posts of yours I enjoyed.

And by the way, you have nothing to worry about as far as my taking fish from your rivers and creeks. I'm 99% catch and release, 99.9% C&R in rivers/streams as the only thing I've ever kept from these systems is white bass during the run.

That's all I have to say. In the future I will no longer contribute to any threads where anything said about me or anyone else I fish with is anything but positive.

18. Guys like me that have nothing but negative to say......Huh?

How was it exactly that I was negative? I'm seriously confused. I've reread my post several times, and I believe I understand the meaning of negative...and I'm still confused.
    I complimented you guys for helping each other out. I simply suggested a different METHOD of doing so, just as you've done to me with your post.
    Except, quite honestly, I was much more polite about it than you were.

270+ guys reading about someone's secret hole. Just down from the dam, right off Morse road, that is on fire right now....all I'm suggesting is that might be information that can be shared a bit more privately....that's it.
    If you don't get it, that's fine.

But I do have to laugh about this one: "In the future I will no longer contribute to any threads where anything said about me or anyone else I fish with is anything but positive."
    You gotta admit man, that sounds like my third grader talking. I mean, how do you ever expect to learn anything if you won't be open minded about contrary opinions?

19. In fact, I just checked my last 20 posts or so. Nothing negative at all until you chimed in.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.