Upper Sandusky Res. #2

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by NorthSouthOhioFisherman, Sep 17, 2007.

1. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

NorthSouthOhioFisherman The Young Outdoorsman

We drive by it quite a bit on 23 so we decided to srop down there and check it out. didnt have the rite gear but caught a few small gills in there by the dam. saw alotta fish jumpin saw alotta ppl fishin. anybody no wats in therevand wat to fish for? any help wood be appreciated-thanks-nsof :G

2. fshnfreak

fshnfreak I fish therefore I am!!

well i can tell ya the same old same old. bass, bluegill, some small perch, cats, and white crappie. its a fairly new res. in comparison to the old one which has monster LM. i lost one last year that probably went 10#'s i had her up to my boat and she made one of those last ditch efforts to throw the hook and well she didnt throw the hook but my line sure did break about a foot above my knot.

3. bassmaniac

bassmaniac Fish now, sleep later

Where is this res. and how do you get there?

4. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

upper sandusky-can be seen from 23-dont no directions :(

5. bassmaniac

Upper's not that big, I'll have to make a trip down to check it out. Is it an above ground reservoir?

6. The new resevoir is in my backyard. It's not worth the trip to fish this yet, and it troubles me to see all the 6"-8" perch people are hauling out of it. It also has Saugeye's, Bass, Bluegills, Catfish, Crappie, And since it get's it's water from the Sandusky River it will have the various array of trash fish. I'd give it a couple more years for the fish to get of decent size. The resevoir is 3 years old, and has been stocked for 2 years now. It will be good fishing in the years to come due to all the flooded timber in it, and it also has some real nice weed beds established already. Hopefully the city doesn't give it the Copper-Sulfate treatment like they do the old resevoir. It's electric only, and has a nice ramp. It's also not like the typical "bowl" type resevoir. There is many, many, bottom features, and depth changes. I can't tell you were to get a map of the bottom, or if one is available, but it would be a handy thing to have. If you have any questions drop me a P.M. Good Luck.
    Kevin

7. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

can ya hook me up with a map plz ;) thanks

8. bassmaniac

What kind of size are the bass in the new res.? Sounds interesting. I love target fishing with weedbeds and timber. What about the old res.? Any structure? How are the bass in that one? I like fishing different water, it helps when I go to tournaments on water I've never been on when I can relate it to water I have fished to try to find a pattern. Besides, my 12 year old usually kicks my butt anyway.

9. The Bass are in the 8-10" range, I will talk to the folks at the water office about a map since they control it. They may have one available I don't know. The old Resevoir has some huge monster Bass in it. The problem is there is really not much cover, and it's loaded with Shad. They can eat at will.

10. bassmaniac

I never did here where the old res. is there. How close to 23 is it? This may be the last weekend for a while if not the season, weather looks like it might get kinda nasty next week.