close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Upper GMR 7/20/07 Report

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Muskie Hunter, Jul 21, 2007.

1. Muskie Hunter

Muskie Hunter All Species Trophy Hunter

I fished for three hours last evening; and lost the big one. I hooked a pike on a spinnerbait with 17 pound line, on a 6.5 foot med. heavy baitcasting outfit, and could not turn the fish towards me after the initial strike. She made a run away from me, and the spinnerbait popped out. The fish hit in 1-2 feet of water, so I did see the side of the fish, and the general length of the fish, and I can safely say the fish was well over 30", most likely in the mid 30's". She was a heavy fish.

Well, I will try to go back after her tonight since I know where she lives.

Overall, the fishing was a little slower than normal. Maybe that cool front had something to do with it. The river was up a bit, and the water clarity was not as good as it usually is. I landed some smaller bass, about six of them, all under 14", 4 smallmouth and 2 largemouth. I was fortunate enough to land a 19" saugeye right before dark on a crankbait.

Good Fishing,
    John

2. SConner

SConner Fish Whisperer

Sounds like a real good evening. Good luck on bringing that pike in next time!