Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Just keep casting ...
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the Upper GMR from Piqua to Tipp City. Hit three different locations, working from North to South. Beautiful rock bottom up there. Water was dark brown due to rain but that was expected. That stretch has a ton of good structure and fish holding features. Would be a nice area to fly flish, river is wide enough for easy casting. Didn't have much luck catching anything but it wasn't the best conditions and I didn't expect to make a big haul.

Was a great day on a wonderful stretch of water. There are plenty of bridge access points and a number of river-side parks. I'll be back, often.

Some good spots are: Twin Arches Reserve, Eldean Park, Bike Path park on 41 at the Bridge in Troy, and Honey Creek Reserve on 571 outside of Tipp City.

Worth the short drive to fish such a great stretch of rocky bottomed water.

·
Premium Member
3,828 Posts
Glad you got up this way, sorry the fish did not cooperate. I feel blessed to live so close to so many great fishing spots with easy access. With the easy access comes significant pressure and in some areas significant litter. The areas along the bike path in particular seem to get worked over pretty hard.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts