Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cleveland =<2ft
Sheffield Lake/Avon Lake point Solid= 3 ftrs
Vermilion/Huron =3-4ftrs(some white water)
Port Clinton and west= 6 ftrs

Made several phone calls,this is current.Want to be precise...Look for the flag to go down tonight!
Take care,
Dave
Mudline is about 1 mile out.
This report is as of 1:39 p.m. e.s.t!!!!

·
Registered
11,363 Posts
Thanks for the first hand info. :) Using the marine report is like a total crap shoot. :rolleyes: Would be great if you could make it a point to post this observed and hard core predicted conditions on a regular basis. Understand that there will be times when things unexpectedly change but you can't possibly be as far off base as the so called professional reports. :p
Hope to head out Sunday and will stop in for some worms and say hello. :D

·
Registered
57 Posts
It would be better if Lake Weather Reports included wind wave hieght, wind swell height and swell crest frequency. The wind waves might only be 2 to 3 foot but like on Saturday out of Avon those 2-3 footers were riding on top of 4 to 5 foot swells left over from the previous days N.E. 4 to 6 foot wind waves....off shore it was rolley and bouncy most of the day.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the 20 mile buoy will give you all those #'s ,sec between crests,surface temp,wind speed, graph for the last 24 hours on all,,,,it's sweet!

·
Registered
382 Posts
I usually only use the buoy for wind speed. I've been up there on days when waves are 3-4 only to come home and see that the buoy said it was 0.7 ft. all day.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You are the first that has told me that,thanx for the tip,maybe it was stuck(not transmitting).I have seen that before.-take care,,Dave

·
Registered
382 Posts
For about a week or so now I can't get any of the wave details (height, sec between, etc) on the buoy. It's been that way since they said it would be down for a couple hours so they could "fix" it. But it still has the wind speed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts