close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Update on CC Tues Night boat violations

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by mrfishohio, Sep 14, 2004.

1. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

In reguards to our post....Click here ...got this back today.

I received your comments about the Tuesday night tournament boaters at Caesars and passed that info onto Alan Ferguson, the Park Manager. This was really the first compliant we had received on this group and was surprised to hear this info. The Park has contacted the tournament coordinator and passed along your concerns. They were advised that we would have park officers and Watercraft Officers scheduled to regularly check on them. The park has the option of not issuing permits to groups who abuse the park rules or cause any unsafe conditions. The coordinator assured us that this would be addressed before the next tournament with all the entrants.

Thank you for letting us know.

Marilyn Hinderer

Watercraft

2. JBJ

JBJ

It would appear that the officers working around CC don't report when folks have complaints.
    It is a shame that it had to go this far up the chain of command. A talk to the tournament director should have curbed the negative activity immediately.

3. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

There was someone on the old site who belonged to that group. He said he informed them & to let him know of any more infractions. Apparently they didn't understand. Looks like something will happen now. It's been going on about 10 years that I've fished CC. I remember I was in my first boat, a 12' alum with a 3 hp motor, I'm on my 4th boat now. Maybe longer, my oldest (25 now) was in the 6th grade. :confused:

4. I was on C C today and came off of the lake before they got started. I did notice that they were having a big pow wow with all of the members there tonight before the launched thier boats. I t could have been about this or something else. They had a very large group there tonight too. I hope this dose help the problem. I did not see any one there fron the Park Rangers or any Park Ranger boats on the lake either. I think the only time they have a Park boat on the lake is for friday evening and the weekends.

PS Lake report:the lake level is normal and still very clear to 6'. Caught some nice white crappie in the north pool where the water was a little more colored. They were in 20fow and in some structure with shad present. The big black crappie we have been catching in the south pool have moved due to the clear water and bright sun light.
    Water temp on the surface was 75 degrees and holding.

We did witness some white bass jumps today too. They were big jumps and lasted for several minutes.