close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

update oh Findlay reservoir 1 & 2

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by UncleBud, May 18, 2008.

1. UncleBud

UncleBud Retired and Happy

Went to reservoirs this PM. Still don't have the fishing docks in. The one at #2 looks like it's been rebuilt with new floats and decking.
    You can't get a boat in at #1 account the ramp is incomplete. If it's a small boat, it could possibly be carried to the waters edge.
    #2 has a single ramp open, but no dock to get in boat after being launched.
    Would have climb over rocks to get in.
    The way they are making progress, if that tournament is still on for June, lots of luck for launching.

2. I spoke with a guy from the water department and he said that the new ramp should be done this week, like Tuesday or Wednesday this week.

3. They are setting in the docks right now as I type this on Res. #2. They are supposed to be done with both of them today. It looks really good. They have already set the dock that people fish off of. I can't wait.

4. UncleBud

UncleBud Retired and Happy

Was just out to the reservoirs. #2 is ready to go. Only problem, I see with it
    is the fact they reduced the ramp to one boat at a time. I foresee backups trying to launch and get out.
    # 1 -- talked to a worker and the ramp needs some black topping to finish it up. Should be ready to go Friday. They've really improved this ramp. Not as steep as the old one was and has a forty foot open steel ramp going out into the water.
    Both have a long floating type dock to tie up to at the ramp. Supposed to be able to fish them also. Was told that they may add a 20 foot extension to the # 2 dock next year.
    With the exception of the 1 boat at a time on #2, the changes are very nice.
    I asked the worker why they didn't make #2 wider, he laughed and said the engineers who designed it, apparently didn't have a clue about boating or fishing. I can believe that.

5. I was just out to the res and it looks very nice. Res #2 still needs some patch work done and it will be ready. I can't wait to get out there and fish from the new dock.