Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where are some goods lakes to ice fish on this winter? I'm going to try ice fishing this year but I do not know where to go.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Where are some goods lakes to ice fish on this winter? I'm going to try ice fishing this year but I do not know where to go

Mosquito and Pyma are my go to lakes in the Northeast. Mosquito has some really nice Pike fishing through the ice and Pyma has nice pan fish and channel cats. Walleye are good in both lakes also. Where are you at in? If you are close to Bula or Geneva I can put you on some small pan fish spots if you are interested.

·
Musky Finger
1,047 Posts
I always try for inland eyes ice fishing and get 0-3 at our N.E. ohio lakes on a trip, I've never limited. Some guys know their spots and can get on them.

We have many great panfish lakes in Ohio and that's when everyone is targeting those 8-13" sunfish/panfish.

Panfish I'd suggest mogadore, Nimisila,turkeyfoot.

Eyes I'd suggest mosquito,milton or attwood. Some guys love berlin but I've only seen eyes there on my camera, never touched one.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Out of state try Saginaw Bay, short drive, 8 walleye limit per day, max in possession is 3 days catch, 2 of which must be processed already, preferably frozen . Not a bad 3 day getaway.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I met Crankit at Portage Lakes this weekend while fishing. He came over in his awesome Ranger bass boat. We chatted for awhile, and he gave me some good tips and location for panfishing. Wow he knows his stuff. What a really nice guy to share his locations on the lake. I boated alot of keeper crappies. im going to remember the location for ice time!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Going to hit a lake this weekend. Portage, Nimisilla, or Wingfoot in search of crappies and big gills. What everyones thoughts?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I met Crankit at Portage Lakes this weekend while fishing. He came over in his awesome Ranger bass boat. We chatted for awhile, and he gave me some good tips and location for panfishing. Wow he knows his stuff. What a really nice guy to share his locations on the lake. I boated alot of keeper crappies. im going to remember the location for ice time!!
that’s so funny because I had a very similar experience with swone. He has a heavily indebted Lund and we were at Berlin but otherwise it was incredibly similar, we caught barracuda, blacktip sharks,snapper and even some grouper and at the end of the day a magical manatee swooped us up and took us home and when I woke up swone’s boat was cleaned and put away with a full tank of gas. Thanks so much for sharing Musclyarms

·
POLAR PHILOSOPHER
Purple Peterdragons
4,759 Posts
that’s so funny because I had a very similar experience with swone. He has a heavily indebted Lund and we were at Berlin but otherwise it was incredibly similar, we caught barracuda, blacktip sharks,snapper and even some grouper and at the end of the day a magical manatee swooped us up and took us home and when I woke up swone’s boat was cleaned and put away with a full tank of gas. Thanks so much for sharing Musclyarms
That’s Swone I seen him and silky land an 12ft gator at summit lake with a cane pole no net! They barehanded it into the boat poured a half gallon of jack Daniels down it’s throat. ( to relax it of course ). They snapped a quick pic Kissed him right on the snout and rolled his drunk butt back in the drink like true CPR sportsman!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 40 Posts