close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Unusual Thanksgiving in Iowa

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by INSANE_SQUAD, Nov 29, 2004.

1. I went back to visit my brother and do some pheasant hunting over the Thanksgiving week..On Thanksgiving morning we went to hunt a few local fields,keeping close to home,we did not want to stray to far from the dinner table..

We were heading to our last field and passed a car flipped on its roof in the ditch..As i passed the car i saw steam coming from the engine area and feet hanging from the back window..I was scared for the people..I turned around and we both ran to help out..There was 2 people and one was tossed from the car as far as we could tell and the other was contourted in the back seat and his feet were hanging out the back window..Both were injured pretty badly one with a bad head wound with blood everywere..My brother is a paramedic which helped..We were worried about the car because we smelled gas all over the place..We got the one passanger free from the car and into the ditch..We made a 911 call and helped the people untill medical help arrived.

It's a good personallity check to see how i would act in a bad situation..I feel good about myself and good about the people we helped..

Know thy self!

Insane----------out

2. Way to go...too many folks will just pass by a situation like that....expecting someone else to help.

That "Good Feeling" is an all time high.

God Bless.

3. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

WOW...what a scare that had to be. You guys should be commended for giving those folks something to REALLY be thankful for!

4. catking

catking Banned

You da man Phil !!! Great story !!!!!!!............ CK

5. rockbass

rockbass Banned

you are a good man. fortunately the couple times I have stopped at a car either overturned and one on its side in a ditch, the person/people were not injured.

interesting Turkey day for sure.

6. Thanks for the compliments..

Oldfox you are so right..We were waiting for the ambulance and 20 or so cars just drove by not one hit the brakes..How sad..

Insane-------out

7. katfish

katfish Cats are where it's at!

Phil

You did good.

I have experienced similar circumstances and you get an awful feeling when you approach the wreck. In your mind you know you can't walk away but you fear what you will find.

I just know that I would want someone to help me and I would never feel right if I did not stop to try to help someone.

8. shadowman

shadowman Supreme Being

i would like to commend you for what you did, your a good and decent person, and you will be rewarded for your very kind actions you and the other fellow may have just saved 2 lives that would otherwise be lost.... so thank you................ :cool:

9. Perch

Perch Perch Addict

Good Job IS.................Takes a real man to stop and help out with that kind of situation........

So do ya ever find out how everyone came thru?