close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Unusual Day on Knox

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Tredder, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Got out to Knox for the first time this year. Great day for some fishing and I wasn't dissapointed with the outcome. Mostly throwing a rattletrap, I caught five largemouth between 12"-15". The strange thing is that I caught a bunch of nice-sized white bass. I've fished there for the last five years and this is the first time that I've ever seen white bass in that lake. I seem to remember a post a couple years back about them being stocked, but I'd forgotten about it. One thing I can say for wb is that they strike like a freight train, so it was a good day on the water.

2. Interesting... Yeah, I remember that post about them being stocked too. Good to be back out on Knox, eh?

3. streamstalker

streamstalker deleted

I'm going to pretend it's not raining and go up there tomorrow. Did you notice any patterns the fish were following?

4. Yep, after a long winter, it was great to get out there.

As for patterns, the white bass were on the flats and some other guys told me that they were busting the surface by the dam (in large numbers).
    The largemouth weren't shallow yet, caught em in 6-10' range, slow rolling rattletraps and dragging soft plastics on a Carolina rig in the deeper water just off the flats.

5. streamstalker

streamstalker deleted

Thanks. I might be there. I might be fishing somewhere south of Buckeye....I hope it's not quite as windy and stormy as they predict.