close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Unofficial Little Miami outing?

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Rooster, Mar 3, 2005.

1. There seems to be quite a few members here in the SW that likes to go after the river smallies. Last year, there was some talk about an outing, but it never materialized. How many people would be interested in getting together for an outing on the Little Miami? Some could float, others could wade, and some could fish from the bank. We could all meet at a park afterwards to burn some burgers and dogs, and marvel at my angling skills. I just want to get an idea of how many people would be interested. Also, would you use your own watercraft, wade, or want to rent a canoe/kayak from an outfitter.

2. Tee

Tee Team OGF

I am definatley interested. I am itchin to hit the LMR. I recently moved and Its almost in my backyard. I can see it out my front window. I'd personally like to rent a canoe and cover more water. But hey I'm up for anything. Sounds like a good time Rooster!
    :)

3. Id be interested depending on the area, I would opt for the lower stretches where more then 1 person per mile could have a good day. In the upper stretches, I like to wade, the lower stretches Id be in my 16ft Clacka drift boat!! I cant wait to get it out, come on spring!!!
    Salmonid

4. creekwalker

creekwalker Moving water...

Count me in. I'll probably be in the yak or maybe a canoe if I bring along my neighbor, but I will definitely be floating.

I am game for about anywhere on the river. It would be very cool if it wrapped up near a decent campground...I might just come out for the weekend!

5. I would be interested in doing this. Could do either wade or use canoe. I don't know about groveling at the feet of the all mighty fish catcher though :D

6. I think that we will hve plenty of interest! I guess it would be best to determine where we are going to meet, and then set a date.

Where to meet? We will need picnic facilities, a launch site, must be near a canoe livery, and bank fishing/ wading access. Oh yea, good fishing both up and down stream. I know that the launch site at Lake Isabella has all of the necessities, but it might be too expensive to rent the picnic shelter (free would be MUCH better). Any others?

7. UFM82

UFM82 The one others want to be

But if you are going to do a get-together, go a little north. Put in up around Morrow and run down to Kings Mills or something. Good run of water and no competition.

Just my 2¢

UFM82

8. I would be interested in participating in this! I would be fishing from shore as I don't own a boat. I guess I could use a canoe if avaiable to rent? Either way I would like to particpate in this.

9. Count me in; I'm sure that anything organized by a STEELER fan has got to be good. I would also vote for the section around Morrow, or even further north. There is a great put-in spot for canoes in Beavercreek at a little park off Indian Ripple Rd. Are there any dams on the Little Miami?

Let me know the details...

Pete

10. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Count me in, what are we fishing for?

11. I'm in! I would like to rent a kayak or canoe. Let's get this to work this year!

12. catking

catking Banned

How about down below Maineville ? In Foster ? There is plenty of parking, a FREE shelter house and a launch area. Miles of fishing also . Just a thought........ Plus I catch a ton of fish there :D ....... THE CATKING !!!

13. Sounds good to me Catking.

14. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

i'm also interested in joining you guys..as long as it doesn't fall on the other fishin events..

15. creekwalker

creekwalker Moving water...

In case anyone needs a little help finding some decent launch places, I thought I'd post this link. Many of you may know about it already, but if not, it is a great resource.

Little Miami Info

This page also has a good PDF map of the spots and related roads.

I have not been to enough of these spots to know which ones will work for the number of people who will be going, so I'll defer that to those who do know :)

16. smallieguy

smallieguy Smallmouth Please

Heck I'm in NE Ohio and I'm in.
    I've wanted to hit that river for years and know nothing about it.
    Is it deep enough to put a boat with an outboard engine on it?
    14' er w/ a short shaft 9.9hp.
    Just post the dates and if I don't have a tournament that weekend
    I'll be there.

17. Floater

Floater Floatin' on by

I'd be interested in this outing. I'd probably be wading.

18. if it does not conflict with my steelhead and striper fishing!

19. TimJC

TimJC Carp Angler

smallieguy, you won't be able to use an outboard as it is pretty shallow in some areas. I'm game for a shorebound get together at foster (where montgomery rd/US22/SR3 crosses the lmr) or I'm open for a canoe trip from one of the liveries that launch from morrow. maybe we could head all the way loveland and then either do the picnic thing at foster or at a livery in loveland (maybe even hit a bar aftewards).

I like to do a float trip with GPS to mark holes that I would be able to later fish from the bike trail access.

20. Foster sounds like a good place to meet. I have seen people bank fishing and wading in that area. Although, I am not familiar with the picnic facilities. Looking at the map, I think that Fort Ancient to Foster would be a good float (15.5 miles). My only concern is that I don’t think that any canoe liveries terminate in Foster? It would be most convenient to have the picnic at our termination point, but not absolutely necessary. I know that Bruce’s canoe livery offers a trip from Hall Creek to Loveland, and Foster would be a good point to stop.