Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,658 Posts
Kind of amazing. Would have thought squirrels in that area would be a shade of black. Fuller Park where they were stocked in the '30 from Canada originally and scattered all over Portage and Stark counties! Saw a "skunk" looking black and white squirrel last year on Cong Lk Rd by the CC in Hartville. Saw a strawberry blond raccoon in my woods yesterday that had no dark masked "bandit" face! Wish I'd of gotten a pic! Very unigue!

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
thats a very cool color combo on that squirrel, no way i could kill it although im a hardcore squirrel hunter. years ago we were **** hunting and treed an albino **** pink eyes and all, we left it where it belonged just couldnt kill something so unique

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I sent the picture to my brother, and he said he’d like that one in his yard to breed with his local blacks and greys. I had up to two dozen squirrels at my feeders this past winter at one time and most were the black ones and a few grays, haven’t seen a fox type ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don’t think so it just a mix with others , I’ve had blacks with white tipped tails and some with blonde looking tails. Mixed up genes..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts