close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Unhook the battery

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by rattletraprex, Aug 9, 2007.

  1. Was using the fork lift at work yesterday when the battery died,being in a hurry I hooked the charger to it and went to lunch. When I returned just as I got the charger cables off there was a loud bang,a cloud of smoke and hot liquid on me.At first thought the battery exploded,here it was the coil,didn't know there was oil in those but I do now! Here the key was left on and it just kept getting hotter and hotter. No serious injury but learned why you don't get in a hurry and do things the proper way. Got a new coil and all is good now.