Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
TeamOGF
6,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been researching these type of cameras for a few days.
Does anyone own one or can share what you know about any of them?

I'm leaning toward the Aqua-Vu micro Revolution 5.0 or the Pro 5.0 version of same.
I want it primarily for ice fishing, but also year round use.

I'm looking for a Black Friday or Cyber Monday Sale for them, so far no luck...

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
How do you want to use it? Did a quick check on Aquaview site. Appears somewhat lightweight and more for preliminary viewing a spot then fishing without it vs. using it continuously while fishing to watch the fish bite and set the hook from the on screen action. Also appears difference between reg and pro is pro has camera direction shown on screen. An extremely worthwhile option in my opinion. If you see some fish or structure off in the distance, how do you know where to drill another hole? There are ways to determine which way the camera is pointing but can be cumbersome.

·
TeamOGF
6,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Tom,
I want to use it for ice fishing and to learn more about the lakes I fish year round, structure etc.
Your right, the pro versions have camera depth and direction shown onscreen. One of these models is what I'm wanting to buy. Either a 5 Pro, 7, or 10 inch if I could find one at a good price. But I especially want that camera direction.

·
TeamOGF
6,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Deadeye, your Marcum recon 5 has better clarity than the A-V 5.0 ?

You say you still have your A-V 5, interested in selling it?

·
Registered
345 Posts
I've been researching these type of cameras for a few days.
Does anyone own one or can share what you know about any of them?

I'm leaning toward the Aqua-Vu micro Revolution 5.0 or the Pro 5.0 version of same.
I want it primarily for ice fishing, but also year round use.

I'm looking for a Black Friday or Cyber Monday Sale for them, so far no luck...
Fishuse use code ICE get 10% cameras

1 - 6 of 6 Posts