close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Underrated to Overrated

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by H2O Mellon, Sep 18, 2005.

1. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Cant beleive I'm going to say this, but the Bengals may have just went from underrated to overrated.

That game by Culpepper was the worst I think I've ever seen a Pro Bowl QB play. That was pathetic. BUT...... The Bengasl will not be able to beat decent teams by commiting 20 penalities again. David Pollack is enough to piss me off. The damn guy changed positions, help out & now hs problems staying on sides. At least Odell is BETTER than we everyone thought. With that being said Carson did look good didnt he? Just th e1 interception. How about Chris Perry that 86 yard scren for a TD was nice, too bad it was called back.

I bet Marvin is going to be on them BIG TIME this week. I dont think he will stand for the penalities.

2. All I can say is that we are UNDEFEATED !!!
    Now suckers, on to the Superbowl. New England is going to get their butts kicked and Corey is not going to gain more than 20 yards against the Bengals.

3. pendog66

pendog66 It swims its bait

i hope corey dillon breaks his leg

4. The ONLY way you can win after committing 17 penalties including 2 which reversed fumbles and 2 which reversed touchdowns is if the other team commits 7 turnovers.

Don't get me wrong, I am happy as hell to see the Bengals finally doing well. They just need to get in control of the penalties and they will be in the playoffs.

5. How can a team with that big over what is normally a decent team and go to overrated when the prior week they beat one of the bottom teams of the league?:confused: I guess I did not see them deserving a title of "underrated" after the Browns win. I am not a Bengals fan but I will say that I think they are a verid solid team. The thing is they still have not been tested and therefore I think the jury is still out on how good they can be.

6. Right now,I still say 8-8,only because they haven't been tested yet.I agree with what's been said,they do look solid.If they can get their penalties under control,they could have a real good season,possibly even make the playoffs.Since my team is the Browns,and they're obviously not ready to contend yet,I hope Cincy will win the central,at least they're from Ohio,a long way to go yet.No,I'm not jumping on the Bengal wagon,I'm a Browns fan,first and foremost,but if the Browns can't win the division,I would rather have Cincy do it,than the slimeballs east of here!

7. Hook N Book

Hook N Book The Original Hot Rod Staff Member

Say what you will about Corey Dillion...but that boy is a beast. I saw him going at Brady in last weeks game probably since he didn't get the carries he felt he should have gotten.
    The Bengals still are missing a couple of key pieces. A passing catching tightend would be a really good thing right now, also a lighting quick 360lb. Defensive tackle sounds pretty good too. :D Indeed, Marvin, will correct the penalty issue too.

8. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

I dont think Shcobel is half bad @ TE. I think if they had a big pass catching TE like Gonzalez or Crumpler, it may mess the receiving corp up, if you look @ teams w/ a TE that catches the bass 70 times a season they usually have a weak(er) WR corp.

They sure could use a good QB, someone like a David Klinger or an Akili Smith. ;)

9. pendog66

pendog66 It swims its bait

10. Hook N Book

Hook N Book The Original Hot Rod Staff Member

None of there tightends are half bad...and none of them are half good either. I'm not suggesting a tight end that catches 70+ balls a year...only one that is dependable when the ball does come there way. Schobel, probably only had 30 balls thrown his way all of last year with maybe 2-3 touchdowns. Point being, the more weapons at Carson's disposal, the more damage that can be done...you know the "Scorched Earth" thing. :D