Ohio Game Fishing banner
30441 - 30460 of 31788 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,617 Posts
Not a good day....One of our old labs died lasst night. The kids had picked a pair out of a litter 14 years ago. The only dogs that was just theirs. Of course mom and dad kept them when the kids moved away. It just crushes me to loose dogs. Rest well in dog Heaven Dudley View attachment 490349
I feel ya, brother. I lost my big chocolate male in January. Still bothers me as i think of him every day.
And i have a bad habit of calling my half-husky by my labs name. :(

·
The end is near
9,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30,448 · (Edited)
Thanks everyone. Now we are trying to keep his brother distracted today. This morning while we were burying Dudly he'd walk up and sniff his brother and look at us as if to say, Wake him, please. They have never been apart.
That's so sad. When we lived in southern WV my moms brother who was 21 at the time died suddenly from a ruptured appendix. Him and his dog were very close and every evening that dog would climb a hill out back and howl the loneliest howl you ever heard.
Any plans on getting the brother another pal?

·
The end is near
9,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30,452 ·
My wife and I have lost lots of pets and while it never gets easy, having another pet sure does help.
After a friend of mine had lost quite a few doggies, she was talking to her vet who said if you want a pet that'll outlive you, get a parrot. Those birds can live to be 80 years old. Of course you can't curl up on the couch with a parrot but they are quite smart.

30441 - 30460 of 31788 Posts