Ohio Game Fishing banner
30421 - 30440 of 33031 Posts

·
Registered
7,875 Posts
Good morning guys. Woke up to ride to flea market and laid back down. Just wasn’t feel’n it this morning. Did get four feeders yesterday two steers and two heifers. Get out and enjoy hump day.
Got up early to finish trimming all around the pond. Cattail’s need to go. Same here. I just wasn’t feeling it. Ran 3 tanks through the trimmer and brush cutter yesterday before lunch. Went out in the afternoon and push mowed 2 tank fulls. around the yard. 92 degrees. That was real fun. I’ll hop on the tractor and finish the mowing in a bit. Rain by 2 o’clock here they say. Dang heat sucks.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Got up early to finish trimming all around the pond. Cattail’s need to go. Same here. I just wasn’t feeling it. Ran 3 tanks through the trimmer and brush cutter yesterday before lunch. Went out in the afternoon and push mowed 2 tank fulls. around the yard. 92 degrees. That was real fun. I’ll hop on the tractor and finish the mowing in a bit. Rain by 2 o’clock here they say. Dang heat sucks.
Bob, I got tired of weed eating the pond years ago. Bought a sickle bar mower for the tractor and once around the pond I’m done. By the way use roundup directly on the cattails and it’ll kill them

·
Registered
7,875 Posts
Bob, I got tired of weed eating the pond years ago. Bought a sickle bar mower for the tractor and once around the pond I’m done. By the way use roundup directly on the cattails and it’ll kill them
I would if I could Dan. It’s too steep for a tractor. Need a dozer to fix that issue. I will roundup the cattails. I cut them down and then give them a spray.

·
The end is near
10,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30,426 ·
My buddies dad had a farm pond with a few grass carp in it. Those guys stripped all the vegetation out of the pond. When he would mow around the pond, he'd shoot the discharge into the pond to feed them. He also had to buy some kind of a pelletized food for them. He'd stomp his foot on the deck a few times and they come swimming to him.

·
The end is near
10,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30,431 ·
My grass carp are fat and lazy. Once they get so big they quit eating the grass. They are pellet hogs though. I need to get a few little ones. They used to keep the pond nice and clean.
Can you catch those with a sprig of broccoli on a hook? :)

·
The end is near
10,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30,435 ·

·
Registered
7,875 Posts
Twenty till ten, took an open air tractor up to the other farm to drop a planter and fuel up for tomorrow. On the way back, the temperature is finally comfortable, no wind and the lightning bugs are lighting over my fields. Truly a relaxing ride. Man I love this.
Nothing like being in the country. Glad you’re enjoying the ride.

30421 - 30440 of 33031 Posts