Ohio Game Fishing banner
28501 - 28520 of 28534 Posts

·
Just practicing my cast
5,627 Posts
BH, while I've never done what you're about to do, you do realize there will be a certain amount of shrinkage associated with this activity?
Yes I do but I have done it before by accident kayaking we called it a temperature check and at the time and it was cold 🥶 I can still remember that day

·
The end is near
8,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28,502 ·
Yes I do but I have done it before by accident kayaking we called it a temperature check and at the time and it was cold 🥶 I can still remember that day
My BIL was Musky fishing one winter down on the Hughes River in WV. There was open water and some icy patches. A cold splash of icy water hit him in the face that he didn't see coming. He had Bell's Palsy for a little over a week.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Hadn't been able to deer hunt since gun week and had an itch yesterday to go. Said the heck with work and got to my stand right around 4pm. This property traditionally doesn't have much deer activity in the afternoon/evening, so I wasn't expecting much, but glad to just get out. Just before 5pm I spotted two does moving westward, south of me and the larger one changed direction and came right in. She definitely was coming to check out the doe-pee saturated scent wick I had out. She eventually turned broadside a few feet from the wick, standing at 20 yards, nailed her, she ran towards where the other doe was now, and she dropped... within 50 yards of my stand. The other doe hung around her, and then I had more deer come through...following the path the smaller one had walked...a group of 3, another group of 3, a single from a different direction, then another group of three. I haven' seen that many deer in a single day there, regardless of time of year, time of day, etc. ALL of them hung around the downed doe until I eventually got down out of the stand at last light. It was weird, it was like they were holding some kind of funeral service.

·
11 dayz
10,613 Posts
Hadn't been able to deer hunt since gun week and had an itch yesterday to go. Said the heck with work and got to my stand right around 4pm. This property traditionally doesn't have much deer activity in the afternoon/evening, so I wasn't expecting much, but glad to just get out. Just before 5pm I spotted two does moving westward, south of me and the larger one changed direction and came right in. She definitely was coming to check out the doe-pee saturated scent wick I had out. She eventually turned broadside a few feet from the wick, standing at 20 yards, nailed her, she ran towards where the other doe was now, and she dropped... within 50 yards of my stand. The other doe hung around her, and then I had more deer come through...following the path the smaller one had walked...a group of 3, another group of 3, a single from a different direction, then another group of three. I haven' seen that many deer in a single day there, regardless of time of year, time of day, etc. ALL of them hung around the downed doe until I eventually got down out of the stand at last light. It was weird, it was like they were holding some kind of funeral service.
KILLER:rolleyes::D:p

28501 - 28520 of 28534 Posts