Ohio Game Fishing banner
27901 - 27920 of 28073 Posts

·
'Super Moderator'
13,339 Posts
What river??...We use to do the White and the Muskegon...bring home and smoke 'em...
Manistee.
Every now and again we would do the Betsy but most of the time it was Manistee.
We would go up for usually 5-7 days...come home a week and go up for another 5-7.
Actually ate so much salmon fixed every way I could think of that I got burned out on it.
Used to take several cases of fillets a year into a bar I went to back then. Owner was a friend of mine and he was a Macedonian from the old country. He cooked every day for his patrons and could really make some great dishes with the salmon.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Manistee.
Every now and again we would do the Betsy but most of the time it was Manistee.
We would go up for usually 5-7 days...come home a week and go up for another 5-7.
Actually ate so much salmon fixed every way I could think of that I got burned out on it.
Used to take several cases of fillets a year into a bar I went to back then. Owner was a friend of mine and he was a Macedonian from the old country. He cooked every day for his patrons and could really make some great dishes with the salmon.
Did you ever do a "fish boil" with all of the veggies and salmon in the drop in basket...

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Those are certainly nice fish but I'm equally impressed by the looks of that handsome beagle.
Good luck and Enjoy !
garhtr- That was my dad's beagle, Snoopy, he was a powerhouse rabbit and rat dog. A guy who dad always let rabbit hunt on the farm showed up one day with a puppy. He said it was a shame dad didn't have a purebred registered beagle and gave him to us. Dad and snoop where inseparable. He out lived dad by a couple years. Mom took him in as a house dog after dad died and wouldn't let us hunt him anymore. One day, when he was out to potty, two neighbor dogs jumped him and chewed him up horribly. Mom called me sobbing and I rushed over, but he was beyond saving and I put him down. Damn, just telling that story makes me wanna cry. I never been more furious about anything in my life....use your imagination about what happened to the neighbor dogs. I will give you a hint, NOT ALL DOGS GO TO HEAVEN!

·
The end is near
7,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27,908 ·
garhtr- That was my dad's beagle, Snoopy, he was a powerhouse rabbit and rat dog. A guy who dad always let rabbit hunt on the farm showed up one day with a puppy. He said it was a shame dad didn't have a purebred registered beagle and gave him to us. Dad and snoop where inseparable. He out lived dad by a couple years. Mom took him in as a house dog after dad died and wouldn't let us hunt him anymore. One day, when he was out to potty, two neighbor dogs jumped him and chewed him up horribly. Mom called me sobbing and I rushed over, but he was beyond saving and I put him down. Damn, just telling that story makes me wanna cry. I never been more furious about anything in my life....use your imagination about what happened to the neighbor dogs. I will give you a hint, NOT ALL DOGS GO TO HEAVEN!
That's a crying shame. You dont have to say but I wonder if the neighbor dogs got a case of lead poisoning?

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
That would be a good wonder Lazy 8 , but I think they just never came home one day. They ran loose all the time and had caused trouble before. No one in the area would even talk to him when he asked if they had seen his dogs, they just said no and walked away. I have no idea why but I got my coffee and breakfast paid for by a couple other neighbors, you know good old folks.

27901 - 27920 of 28073 Posts