Ohio Game Fishing banner
27541 - 27560 of 27670 Posts

·
Registered
10,382 Posts
Blaaa. Took a week off work to hit the river bite and maybe some early buckeye saugeye/crappie trips. With plans of replacing a faucet as well(lmao never done before).
Got to fish twice so far. Replaced my bathroom faucet yesterday morning. Why I was gone my dog jumped on the screen door causing it to swing wide open break the arm and shattered my front porch light fixture. As I'm getting ready to go to ace hardware for parts and a fixture my wife asks if there should be water around the hot water tank. Lol ummm nooooo. We replaced it last winter.
Sopped up the water went to the store came back an it was dry. Hmmm I'll give it some time an see. Maybe my dog or cat spilled something down there. Fix my door replace my fixture(not an electrician but way better with electric then plumbing.
Go back down an see a bit more water around the tank. Dammit. So out of curiosity I have my son flush the toilet upstairs as I watch the pipes above my water heater. Boom there it is. Coming from toilet. Prolly just need a new wax ring an a good clean up.
Go get my parts this morning. And in set the toilet only to see my bracket attached to the flange was busted🤦. Wreckless kids! I prolly should of stabilized it to the wall. But I never have. Back to the store. Purchase more parts. Get everything fixed,clean, dried,an toilet set. Add stabilizers. Test it. All is good.
It could be way worst. I could be a true millennial and freak out an call and pay someone to come fix this stuff an pay out my anus. But being I'm the owner of the house I've developed this attitude. If I don't know how to fix I might as well at least try. So far in my 8 yrs of ownership I've only had to "call in help" one time,knock on wood. An that involved some soldering and pipe cutting I wasn't to confident in attempting. But after watching the plumber that will not happen again. I've replaced sections of sub floor in my kitchen. Put down my own flooring over it. Drywalled my basement hallway in. Door jams/frames/doors. Pad an carpeted a small room. Replaced all light sockets and switches in the house. Replaced breakers in my box. Privacy fence,tree removal,etc etc.
Slowly purchase tools as I've needed them.
With no prior training or schooling. I will admit utube does help me tremendously with some projects when I just don't have any clue in the beginning. I get frustrated in the process. Knee jerk reactions when something goes wrong,and being a non professional lmao something always goes wrong. But I am finding when I do something once it gets easier as have to do it again.
I have family obligations the next two days and then will fish both saterday and Sunday ending my week vacation. I'll complain and cuss the work I had to do. But really I wouldn't have it any other way. Cause you can't stop **** from happening. So you might as well learn to just deal with it. And take pride in what you do. Lmao 💯% derailer post here. Sorry guys.

·
Registered
10,382 Posts
Kinda scary. I've seen this going around. And hope it's for a management position. I don't get how people don't realize the way these pay wages are going up. Cost of living will go up even more.
And don't get me wrong I'm all for a person making the most money they can. But also believe it should be earned.
Another thing I'm seeing happen with all these starting wage increases is the new guy is coming in just under the season vet plus a big fat sign on bonus for the new guy. And the the guys that's been working there behinds off for years don't get squat.
Can't make everybody happy

27541 - 27560 of 27670 Posts