Ohio Game Fishing banner

26081 - 26100 of 26242 Posts

·
Just practicing my cast
5,003 Posts
Good day gentlemen, hope you all are doing well today we got a new maintenance boss today!!! He has Absolutely no experience in maintenance but he a friend of the superintendent 🤪

·
Just practicing my cast
5,003 Posts
I’m the lead!!! They have offered it to me a lot of times. But I’m not interested in doing that 🤪 I would have to come in for alarms and any other emergencies and be on call 24/7 with out the overtime pay 💰 if they call me I can say no or take the Minimum call-in pay of six hours even if it only takes 10 minutes to do the job. Plus I would only get two weeks of vacation each year. And right now I get 2 vacation days a month that accumulates over the lifetime that I would be there +1.5 days of a sick days that accumulates til the day I retire and they pay All the unused vacation and sick days out when you retire also I get five personal days a year that I can use whenever I want.

·
Walleyez Hunter
2,833 Posts
I’m the lead!!! They have offered it to me a lot of times. But I’m not interested in doing that 🤪 I would have to come in for alarms and any other emergencies and be on call 24/7 with out the overtime pay 💰 if they call me I can say no or take the Minimum call-in pay of six hours even if it only takes 10 minutes to do the job. Plus I would only get two weeks of vacation each year. And right now I get 2 vacation days a month that accumulates over the lifetime that I would be there +1.5 days of a sick days that accumulates til the day I retire and they pay All the unused vacation and sick days out when you retire also I get five personal days a year that I can use whenever I want.
So are you at least the boss at home😁

·
Registered
10,188 Posts
Sorry guys can't stop bragging. This had been so fun.
Tonight I get the text. Game cancelled due to muddy fields. I text back "oh c'mon there not that bad I'm here getting it lined up now".
Couple other coaches chime in. As I wait I tell my son the games cancelled. He had to hold back tears. I told him we'd go hit balls at the field. He was ok with that.buy the time we get set up to hit Guy in charge makes some calls an gets us a good field a few miles down the road. Cooper is pumped up. Ends up making a 3rd out catch on a good hit line drive. Then hits the ball hard an gets on base 6 times. 3 doubles and a triple. Legit with no errors.
And brings in the winning runs in the 5th inning(he hit multiple times one inning we only had 6 batters).
I realize this is just coach pitch. And it's gonna be a ruff transition to kid pitch but I think he's got it in him. And best of all he asks me every single day to throw baseball,hit practice balls. Or practice his pitching wind up. I couldn't be happier for him. And I'll admit I'm probably having more fun then him. By far the funnest thing we've ever done together. We are all signed up for fall baseball. It will be kid pitch and he is super excited!
IMG_20210610_203931_331.jpg

26081 - 26100 of 26242 Posts