Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 2111 Posts

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
the only way I would write a book is if all the guys that posts would be kind enough to tell if they've been out on a boat and the pain struck and they couldn't hold it to shore. they didnt have a porta potty or bathroom . then tell us what they did, LOL.
sherman
Five gallon bucket and a pair of socks

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Shermie - I too am glad you're ok. It truly could of been worse w/bodily injury on your's and his part. Yes, God was looking out for you.
I think if there was a book of famous sayings, your picture would be associated with the one that goes....If'in it weren't fer bad luck, I/you wouldn't have any luck at all.
But like I said, at least you have your health and can still get out there to catch some carp for Miss Puddin and get goosed every once and awhile. :)
I think we all owe Sherm a lot for taking all the bad luck and leaving a little less for us. Thanks Sherm

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
yep we always had a huge potato mound.

it was nice when we had coal. we would bank the fire in the living room stove. get a bucket of coal put it in the stove pack it down good then put a pan of water on it and close the vents. the next morning just take the poker and stir the coal and within seconds have a roaring fire. the packed and wet coal just held the fire all night. when we got up in the mornings it was freezing until the fire was going good. the water in the water bucket and wash pan would be frozen over. I remember sliding under the covers because they was thick and heavy. I got to sleep in the middle of my 2 older brothers. it was the warmest spot. then my oldest sister had her bed on the other side of the bedroom next to the kitchen. my younger sister and 2 younger brothers slept in the living room which was the warmest in the house. then mom had her room.
sherman
You ever warm a brick on the stove wrap it in a towel or something put in bed to keep your feet warm?

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
don't you ever sleep?

good morning. good morning, good morning, its just good to be alive for another day. i'm up to stay this time. going to Cleveland today to pick up a boat motor. its a 150 hp tower of power inline 6 mercury. hopefully it'll replace the 115 that wont idle for me.
sherman
Another chapter in the book of Uncle Sherman in the life of the rich and famous

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
halfwits are always welcome to join in on the humor.

guys I went fishing again today. I know the old saying goes no pictures it didnt happen. but from 12:00 to 6:00 today I caught cats until I just quit fishing. I know I caught at least 50 cats with most over 3 lbs with some reaching 6 to 8 lb. i've never seen so much cat fish in such a short time in my life. sorry I didnt get pictures. but it doesn't matter if it didnt happen. because I had the time of my life.
sherman
I believe everything you say uncle sherm

1 - 20 of 2111 Posts