Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Not in Kansas anymore...
615 Posts
Hey Lazy - question for you...

Was watching an episode of the show with your avatar the other day and I stopped and said...hey, that guy looks a lot like Ernest T. Bass. Looked it up and twas true, Howard Morris played another character on the show....

Can you name him?

For reference: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0512404/

Other interesting trivia: Howard Morris apparently also directed that episode

·
Not in Kansas anymore...
615 Posts
Howard the reporter?
If so, there were two additional characters!

Sidebar: Just for reference, Howard Morris is Ernest T. Bass' real name. I had no idea about his other roles until I looked him up to see if he was, in fact, the guy in the episode I mentioned above. He was a classically trained Shakespearean actor, with many, many roles throughout his career. His "break" apparently came on a sketch as "Uncle Goopy" on the Sid Caesar show. I watched it and it's pretty silly. However, there are multiple actors (Conan O'Brien I believe was one) that said that particular sketch is what got them interested in comedy. Worth reading about the impact that Uncle Goopy sketch had on comedy in the early 60s.

·
Not in Kansas anymore...
615 Posts
Wasn't he also George the TV repairman as well as a radio announcer? :):):)
OK, all you Andy Griffith fans, how many episodes did he play the character of ol Earnest T. in?

You know, just in honor of ol Ernest T. I carry a brick in my backpocket. You never know if a window ever needs breaking. :):):)

George the TV repair man is who I had in mind. I'll be honest that I'm not sure about a radio announcer. Nicely done.

I'm 38, but grew up watching those with Dad. Still catch them on MeTV. Great show

1 - 4 of 4 Posts