Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 834 Posts

·
Registered
7,605 Posts
No fishing...or hunting!:eek:

Was asking myself the other day, how in the world can someone be retired and still not seem to find the time to fish or hunt? Especially, knowing that when I was working I had time to do plenty of both and still get everything done I do now.
Usually by this time of year, I always have one deer processed and in the freezer and working on #2. Had time this year for one morning set and that's been it. And the few hours I was out there, did nothing but think of all the work I could be getting done.
But...due to a few aches and pains this summer, I wasn't able to do things like get all my wood done for this winter. Put me kinda behind the 8 ball. That project is just about 2cord from being done. Then, come whatever, I'll be focused on deer hunting. Already made plans to travel to a few different parts of the state for shotgun and m/l seasons hunting with a few long time pals.
Really looking forward to these hunts.

Next fishing trip will most likely be this spring.
And there will be a special one in May to Lake Saint Clair that will be spent with a few other great pals.
Can't wait!!!
Slacker! Get that wood cut. Hurry up I need you to then cut me some wood.

·
Registered
7,605 Posts
I've come to a conclusion, this whole thang is like the show Seinfield, or like I said before, a soap opera. Peeps tune in everyday to hear the continuing saga.

Today we find Fastwawa catching grief from Bobk for being a no-good-for-nothing Slacker. Fastwawa is going to end up buying his wood outside 7-11 every time he buys a bottle of MD 20-20.
Tune in tomorrow when we here Saugeye Tom say, I'm tired of bailing that boy's %@&* outta the pokey!
Lamo, now that's funny stuff.

·
Registered
7,605 Posts
S'pose we got about 5".
And the best of all, though it flashed a few times...didn't loose power. :D
That's about what we got. Power went off for a second and luckily came right back on. We got lucky on that part. Got all the hand shoveling done and it's now time to jump on the tractor and start the dreaded driveway.

·
Registered
7,605 Posts
Plowing the flat part of the drive. Gonna leave the hill on the drive alone. Found over the years that up at the hill, if I plow, a little melts off the hillsides throughout the day running down the drive turning to ice over night. Leaving the snow on at least gives a bit of traction getting out as long as snow doesn't get too deep.
I think you're safe on the snow melting today. Brrrrr.

1 - 20 of 834 Posts