close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

unbelievable or what?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capt.Muskey, Apr 18, 2004.

1. Capt.Muskey

Capt.Muskey Ohio Fishing Militia

This just made me sick! :mad:

Updated: 04:13 PM EDT
    North Carolina Boy Killed by Father's Pit Bulls

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (April 17) - An 8-year-old boy was mauled to death by his father's four pit bulls, and prosecutors were considering charges against the father ranging from child neglect to murder.

Roddie Philip Dumas Jr. was attacked in the fenced-in yard of his father's home Friday. Neighbors and a postal worker who heard the boy's screams rushed to the scene.

The boy's father, Roddie Philip Dumas Sr., 29, and his girlfriend, were inside the house but did not come outside until the dogs had already severely injured the boy, officials said.

"One had him on his neck. Two had him on the side. And one had him on the leg," said Edward Threatt, a neighbor. "They were pulling on him just like you do a rag doll."

A letter carrier threw his mailbag and then a wooden block at the dogs, which then ran away, Threatt said. But neighbors and police said the father then came outside and told the letter carrier to get off his property.

The boy was taken to a hospital, where he died.

2. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

That's AWFUL. Some people shouldn't breed.

3. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

I hope it's a hoax......with a name Dumas (dumb as..)(not a slander against any of you named Dumas either-just hoping it's a hoax is all). What a tragity if it's real. About just over a year or two ago I think an 11 yr old boy was killed here by his families mixed wolf breed dog. Some woman backed over her toddler in an SUV this week killing him, I don't know how you ever get over something like that.

4. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Well guys I went to SNOPES its an Urban Legend reference page & it doesnt have anything about this even, so it may be true, :(

5. H2O Mellon

100% True, here are the details, please note the Felony Drug Charge also.

ABC Out of NC

6. catking

catking Banned

I'm just speechless.........

7. "J"

"J"

An eye for an eye so to speak, You need a license for everything but child rearing and what's more important then that. Makes yah sick :( "J"

8. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

"the father then came outside and told the letter carrier to get off his property."

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

if my son just got killed I dont think id be worrying about someone being on my property, especially someone trying to save my sons life.

Some people, they must have something wrong with their minds....wtf...

9. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

The parents are trash pure and simple, and diserve to die!

10. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

My heart goes out to that little boy. He should have been climbing trees and chasing lightning bugs today. :mad: :mad: :mad:

11. H2O Mellon

Well hes probally much more happy walking to golden roads of heaven right now!

12. Please people...do not ever leave your child alone with any breed of dog. Especially a dog your kid has no chance of fighting off.

This makes me sick.