close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ultralites

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by CDL, Aug 15, 2008.

1. CDL

CDL

I'm considering getting an ultralite setup in the near future. Any suggestions? I'm looking for a cheap combo.

Also, I need a new spincast for a 6'6" uglystick, so any suggestions for those are also appreciated.

2. Only owned 2 ultralights so far but have been really impressed with Shakespeare Ugly Stick combo I picked up last year. I believe it was about $40 at BPS! Tried to find it on their website but no such luck.

3. Ive got a Plueger Trion Micro lite I love it!

4. carxman17

carxman17 cincinnati fishaholic

I like bps micro lite rods & reels they are a little higher priced. rods on sale 30 to 40 $$ reels 30 to 40$$ but they are very smooth. you can get in 5' all the way up to 8'.. they are very limber fun to catch anything from bluegills to largemouth...

5. Walmart has what you want. They have ugly stik combos for probably 30 or so. Good rod for sure and a so so reel

6. sgofish

sgofish AEP or Bust

Try the Ugly Stick and an Okumo reel. I have used this for a couple years and it is deadly.

7. you can get a descent ultralight for 20 bucks at walmart

8. corndawg

corndawg Go Bulldogs!!!

I have a couple of ugly stik lites teamed with Shakespeare Catera reels. Best set up for the price IMO. Both can take a beating and still deliver smooth action.

9. CDL

CDL

Thanks for all the help. I'll prolly go with the Ugly Stik.