close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ultralight Cattin' Pics

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by oufisherman, Jun 14, 2004.

1. Hope this works, going to try to post a pic of the biggest cat here..

Attached Files:

2. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

That would have been a balst, what rods/reels/weight were you using?

3. uglykat23

uglykat23 duuuuhhhuuuuuhhhhh

im new to flathead fishing i have been fishing for channel cats and bullheads all my life is there any pointers any one can give me on bait for flatheads and where to start lookingfor them in lakes or reserviors
    any info is appreciated ty

4. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

I wish I could help ya but I fish rivers for Flats..Check out the catfish section of this site..Or go to Robby Robinsons site Katchaser.

5. Believe it or not, I was using a 4.5 foot Quantum ultralight spinning reel combo with 4 pound test. I was fishing with both crappie and bass minnows, not sure which one I caught it on. I managed to get it in after 10 minutes, maybe a little more. It put a nice bend in the ultralight. I managed to catch another cat that went 5.5# and a 5.5# hybrid on the ultralight out of the pond, which is described in the Ultralight Cattin' post.

6. I have caught a few cats while fishing for smallies on Darby with my ultralight, never got one that big but man what a blast on light tackle!

7. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Thats a nice fish, bet it put up a helluva fight on an ultra light.

8. Nice cat! Bet that was a heck of a pull!!!

Carl

9. the cat is a brute .nice looking fish.

10. Catching a fish like that is always a blast on light tackle. Congrats!!!!