Ultra lite reel

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by Thraves1, Nov 24, 2007.

1. Hello all,
    I'm in the market for a mid to upper priced spinning reel. I'm going to mount it on a 7. 5' Fenwick rod. I am going to use 4 to 6 pound test line. I'm looking for recommendations.

Thanks

2. Zfish

Zfish More Horsepower Raider!!

Sedona is a great reel. I've had several and have 2 right now. I like the stratic even better but those are a bit more pricey at around 90 to 120. The inbetween reel is very good from what I hear but I've never owned it. I cant really think of the name of it right now .... Symatre... I had to go look it up. I guess stratic prices have went up since I last bought one a couple years ago. :)

Looks like they make a new one thats interesting.

NEW Shimano® Saros F Spinning Reels

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/s...r=96672&hvarTarget=search&cmCat=SearchResults

They make it in a 1000 which would be perfect for an UL. I used to have a Sedona 500 but They dont make it anymore. That was a fun reel. The anti reverse didnt work as well as the 2000 did though.

3. I have been sold on Shimano for years but recently feel the new Diawa line of reels might be better. Very smooth drags and larger diameter spools. Take the time to check these out against other brands.

4. Zfish

Zfish More Horsepower Raider!!

I havent tried theirs yet but I do know over the past couple years they've gotten really good. Maybe I'll have to try one here soon :)

5. chaunc

chaunc Staff Member

Better get one soon as i'm sure the prices will go up, once people realize how good they are, and start buying them. Okuma was the same way. I have 3 sweepfire diawa's. Very nice reels with smooth drags. Got mine from the OGF store at a great price.

6. Thanks for all the ideas. I'm going this weekend to take a look at these reels. And the best part is I'll put it on Xmas list. (God its nice to have grown kids with jobs)